Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Raichle flexon- Outdated?

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone ever used the raichle flexon like this model: http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230_no_border/Raichle-Flexon-Comp-Ski-Boots_9C872350.jpg

I know that there now being remade by full tilt but was wondering if the old ones are predominately different being around 15 years old now. Ive found a pair for £20 and was wondering if i should bother or just buy a more modern boot, I will be using these for quite aggressive skiing ( park and all mountain) so these boots may be too old.

Please help.

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
there is a strong possibility that the plastic could fail on you due to its age, the model shown in your link is a boot which was around 1 season only, the ones full tilt make are the same as the "other" flexon (the original one) which was way better than the one in the link

the most important thing is to get something that fits your foot shape, the flexon is a pretty narrow low volume boot and needs a foot liek that if it is to be worn in the correct size, we see loads of these coming in to be fitted which are 2 and 3 sizes too big jsut to accomodate the width of the users foot
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As both a Flexon and Full Tilt owner I would say it it really depends on the fit as CEM above.

Too mnay kids are trying to buy the Full Tilt as it looks cool, but buying it 2 or 3 sizes too big as it is a race last really and not for your average foot. Narrow over the instep and in the forefoot.

Also, the Full Tilts are not as easy to stretch as the plastics are quite cheap.

I would certainly stay away from any boot more than 10 years old, even if it has never been worn.

The difference in the old liners and the new ones is massive too, not to mention our style of skiing has changed and hence why the newer versions are easier to flex than the older model that are stiff like bullets! I much prefer the FT's to ski in unless it is hard piste and nothing else.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Englishpowder, yes I had a pair way back in the mid 90s and they were not a good choice of boot for me. Way too soft and far too much volume for my foot. Boots have come a long way since then...

My husband thought that they'd be put to better use as flower pots!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ahh, i think il keep away them, my foot is actually really narrow and ive tried them on, size is perfect. However they are the orignal model and although they have only been used once my friend had a pair of old boots that cracked on him and with this advice in mind
Quote:

there is a strong possibility that the plastic could fail on you due to its age,

and
Quote:

I would certainly stay away from any boot more than 10 years old

Now i need to try and find a pair of full tilts for £20. Dont think so

Cheers for the help
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fitted properly tho, if it is the boot for you, it will be the best £250-£300 you ever spend. Don't forget the footbeds too as the new liners are flat!

Have a look for the Kniessel Flexon, they made it just before Full Tilt a few years ago, you never know.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I love mine... I have the right size (well ok 20mm shell check) and quite the opposite of a low volume foot, best boot i've owned although I am using them with zippys!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They must feel better than the SPK's tho Dan!

You have done well with your feet and a 98mm, must be the 20mm giving you the extra size that helps Smile

Zippy's...... nice..... Wish my feet could be warm enough for them! Even the new toe box is too cold for me, mmmm Intuition warmth! Actually getting heaters fitted to my boots this year, I am no longer climatised enough to last a week in Jan without them! Sad I know!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well the trick is to get them superfeet out of the boots and some decent foot beds in! Razz
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowtrax, one of the UK's biggest Superfeet snowsport stockists..........^ Smile

Dan, are you new? Neh Neh
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
well... ya know! I have odd feet!

your putting heaters in an intuition??? you woss!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep I am a rather hairy girl!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I used to ski in the Flexon Extreme and they were IMHO the best boots I'd ever worn.

Times have moved on and the range has been reissued but, if they fit, I would give them a try.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As you can see I have had several of these types of boots. I really found them comfortable and a good fit. I also liked the height adjustable foot base board. My Dalbello pro's now have the Intuition race liner which is both comfortable and warm. To compensate for the lack of the adjustable base board I have heel lifts which were fitted by SZK.
For £20 I would say go for the boots, but buy an Intuition liner from Telemark Pyrenees or the like, you can always fit it to another boot and have them remoulded. you can do this youself in a fan oven at 130 deg C for 10 mins. I did. Cool
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dypcdiver wrote:

For £20 I would say go for the boots, but buy an Intuition liner from Telemark Pyrenees or the like, you can always fit it to another boot and have them remoulded. you can do this youself in a fan oven at 130 deg C for 10 mins. I did. Cool

and if the shells fail (sorry , WHEN) the shells fail, are you going to repair his knees rolling eyes rolling eyes

i am all for teh best thing but a 20 year old boot, com'on
snow report
I am absolutly sure that the Flexon Comps are an older model than the one he has in his picture. The plastic is not like the Technica or Stoltz stuff that I have seen collapsing.
Thinking about it I think those boots were still in production when Rachile went to the wall, so definitely not 20 years old.
ski holidays
This model is at least 10 years old, why pay £100 + for decent liner in 10 year old boots?

Madness!
snow conditions
Jimmythefoot, because it is a bargain Laughing
snow conditions
Guys as I mentioned above, I actually had a pair exactly the same as the ones in the OP pic. Definitely had them in 1994 if not 93. They were a completely different last to the original Flexon Comp which would have been much better suited to my foot shape and ability.
snow conditions
juliad wrote:
Guys as I mentioned above, I actually had a pair exactly the same as the ones in the OP pic. Definitely had them in 1994 if not 93. They were a completely different last to the original Flexon Comp which would have been much better suited to my foot shape and ability.

Well there we go then, that's good enough for me! Well over 10 years old and hence why that particular model wasn't around for long.

Don't do it English Powder, just don't do it!

If you simply hide £1 a day in a special safe place from now until you go away you will be almost there to buying a decent pair and you get to really wind up the shop owner with a F*** load of £ coins! Smile
latest report
each time there is a lottery, i systematically throw a 1euro piece into my neighbours garden.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Where do you live? Smile
ski holidays
Quote:

Now i need to try and find a pair of full tilts for £20. Dont think so

maybe not, but i got some brand new Booters on ebay last year for £40!!
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
each time there is a lottery, i systematically throw a 1euro piece into my neighbours garden.

I recon you are high today.........lol Smile
snow report
Out of interest what size do you need... I quite fancy some pimped out full tilts I could sell you my classics.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I know I'm late to this party, but my 2 cents...

I have been skiing Flexons for 15 years. The pair in the picture are Comp Equips. They have the Flexon tongue with a wider foot and a different buckle system. I have a pair like these that have lost a couple of screws and have 2 broken (but still funtioning) buckles. They are a little heavier than the original Flexon, and the flex is adjustable from stiff to very stiff. They have been my everyday boot for the last 3 years. Prior to that I skied a pair of Flexon Comp GT's for 12 years. After putting in between 30 and 40 days per year, I have had no shell problems. I am so happy with my old Flexons that I just bought another pair...classic yellow and black Flexon Comps for $25! Although I may replace the liners with something more modern, I expect the shell to last me through 2025. If you find a good deal, by all means jump on it (especially if they are the original comps with wire loop straps rather than the plastic ratcheting buckle/strap...parts are available from Full Tilt for the originals)

Good luck and be safe,
Joe
ski holidays
I have a pair of the original Flexon Comps with the wire loop straps purchased first year they came out. Up to 2007 they were skied for 2 to 3 weeks every year and from 2007 have skied the whole season every year as we are now retired and live in Austria. Fantastic boot.
The liners are now falling to bits and both power straps have broken so need to get some bits. What are the best liners to fit if I cannot get the originals and can I buy the straps. Ps what is the full web site address of Full tilt. ( my computer skills are not up to my skiing). Puzzled
snow report
They were great boots - but the squeekiest things ever made by man!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy