Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

X Games

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I was planning a ski trip to Tignes the week of the X Games as one of our group is keen to watch it. Does anyone know if the games is likely to have a negative impact on the skiing/boarding that week, i.e. will slopes/board park be closed off or exceptionally busy, long queues at the bar etc? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
parks, I was in Tignes for a month this year, one week of which took in the Winter X Games. I didn't really notice any difference with the skiing while the competition was on, the slopes didn't seem any more or less busy. A lot of the major competitions take place in the evenings anyway. They don't (didn't) use the Tignes snow park, it would just be too small. Instead, down in Val Claret by the (enormous) half pipe they built some huge jumps just for the games, which were then demolished afterwards. The only impact on the slopes was that one run into resort was slightly diverted to miss the new jumps.

As for bars, if it's like last year then X Games set up with all their festival type bars, stall etc; so it doesn't have an enormous impact on the local bars, though they can get a little busier after competitions in the evening.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Dav, that's very helpful.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can second that. No difference to the weeks either side.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also agreed, I was on a staff jolly at the X games last year and all seemed fine- only one run was significantly busier than normal, which was the run down the side of the superpipe so people were spectating from there. The only permanent bars that were very busy were those directly by the superpipe in Val Claret. And a slight queue for the Tichot chair up the Palet side because of the number of people in the area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just out of curiosity, what are the dates of the X Games?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy