Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bolle helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Spotted Bolle helmets for sale in Costco today, as well as ski wear for adults and kids. There were some very nice snow boots too for ladies.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Costco? O dear, not many shop buyers are going to like that one.......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wish we had a costco near us - can anyone buy there? I looked on their website last night and it looked as though you needed to be a business owner and even then you had to pay a subscription. I think these cheap stores making things available to the masses at a reduced cost is a good thing esp. when its safety gear as it perhaps encourages more folks to buy it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you either have to be a business owner or in a select few professions which are allowed to get a card

i must say i am a little surprised bolle are in there though rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did they have the B Style or Switch range?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM wrote:

i must say i am a little surprised bolle are in there though rolling eyes

Why??? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, not normally the kind of place they would be seen, but if being sold at trade to the trade then why not
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike Pow, Embarassed Sorry I didn't look to see which model they had.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
no problem. thanks
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, You dont need to be a buisness to join (although you are and could technically buy a trade membership) personal membership is cheaper but the hours you can shop are restricted as are some products (things like paracetemol in enought quantities to kill 100 angst ridden teens) are only available to trade members.

If like us you live in the middle of nowhere then its a big saving buying in bulk or food detergents etc.

They do regularly have good deals on ski wear in the early autum, price wise they are keenly priced but not allways as rock bottom as you might hope. We picked up Bolle goggles and Head gloves and some trespass outerwear as an impuse buy last year just beacause the pricing was good and if i recall they had a coupon offer on that month too.

ask around and see if someone you know has a card and pop along, see if you like the stock ranges and you can join at the desk there and then if you like. Their own brand is very good as is their butchery department, great if you are mass catering at any time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kevindonkleywood, thye just came round to us this week to get us to join and individual membership is limited to certain professions ...see the back page of http://www.costco.co.uk/Membership_home/Exec_memship/images/Executive%20Individual%20Application_for%20Web.pdf sure that it covers the majority of the population , but it is not a simple as i fancy being a member i'll join
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, if you are self employed and can provide accounts etc you can get a card, that's what we did for my web business.

To quote their website

Quote:
Costco is an exclusive wholesale cash and carry membership warehouse club and is not open to the general public. Membership is required. You are eligible for trade membership if you are a bonafide business owner/manager who can provide evidence of trading.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CEM, You are correct but the little team that we have seen touting for members here were telling people just what their jobs should be Smile besides which I have no idea how they would be able to verify your actual job title, it all seemed somewhat bizarre.

kitenski,
Quote:

Costco is an exclusive wholesale cash and carry membership warehouse club

On paper that is Toofy Grin , the reality i(as we have seen it),is somewhat different. The individual membership restrictions look to be more focused on restricting access to ABC1 type consumers. Individual membership does not need accounts etc. And even if you do not fall into the large swath of 'allowed jobs, professions or qualifications, or retirement options you can easily ask someone you know to add a membership for you to their card and pay them the additional fee.

The membership thing is a very simple ploy to get around planning restrictions on retail usage. By claiming a membership they can site what is essentially a retail unit on an industrial zoned area and pay a much lower buisness rate than a simmilar area of retail zone. We have a number of simmilar smaller operators for various products like fabric warehouses) that require a 'membership' to buy anything, In reality that means putting your name and address on a sheet before you can buy.

The packaging sizes of quite a large portion of what Costco sell is not really aimed at the trade (more large household) and their pricing is not as keen as an outlet such as booker.

In my book it is a clever buisness model because their overheads are reduced and their customer base is controlled to a relatively high volume, high spending segment of the population (and one that has a limited desire to cause 'stock shrinkage' (AKA thieving).

EDIT: just to add the list from CEM's link with regard to my my points about ABC1's

Current or retired employee of:
49 Banking/Finance 54 Local Government
50 Civil Servant 55 Medical/Heath Service
51 Eduction 56 Police Force
52 Fire/Rescue 81 Post Office
53 Insurance 73 Airline
Qualified as:
71 Charted Architect 61 Optician
70 Charted/Civil Engineer 62 Pharmacist
58 Charted Surveyor 57 Qualified Accountant
59 Dentist 63 Solicitor/Barrister/Magisrate/Advocate
Current or retired employee of a U.S. Gold Card or UK Preferred Company

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 14-10-10 10:29; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I believe that they sell cheap tyres too....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Voice of Reason, allways inflated with nitrogen for 'better handling' no less........time to call the mythbusters Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy