Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Pepi Club

Poster: A snowHead
We're hoping to go skiing sometime in the New Year taking Alice who will be 6 months old in January. Has anyone used Crystal's childcare services - Pepi Club?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs johnboy, no experience with Crystal for childcare - sorry. But a very long time ago we took our daughter of 11 months to Flaine. She learned to cry in French. And all the sprogs in the creche caught the same bug.

But at only 6 months, it's probably a lot easier. Enjoy the trip.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mrs johnboy, yes we have used it in Les Deux Alps and Morzine, although a few years ago now. Always seemed to be pretty good. Our kids went to nursery from an early age so were used to be left with "strangers". Don't forget to take a box of Calpol, baby neurophen as you often need it when you are away.

Hope you have a great time
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mrs johnboy, yes, we've used them quite a bit and have always been really happy with them. We've always had really friendly cheerful staff in the creches. The kids go out for "walks" aswell so you will also need to leave suncream and glasses with them. Where are you thinking of going? We've used Alpe d'Huez and Courchevel with them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mrs johnboy, Used them in Belle Plagne and Claviere for our youngest who would have been 2, and 3 respectively. Can't say I was overly impressed as in BP they spent the vast majority of the time indoors Shocked (nursery was in basement with no natural light). I think though for the age your daughter is at it will be ideal as they seemed to spend most of the time dealing with the under 12 month old kids (which is perfectly understandable but quite annoying in the sense that I felt that my son was missing out on fun time in the snow). We would often finish early so we could take him out sledging etc. Ski Familie (sp?) and Esprit get good right ups on here, although I've never used them as thankfully I'm passed all that now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski, Yes, i didnt like the look of that one - Hotel Turquoise? - as it was in a dark basement.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shimmy Alcott, yup. Location etc was fantastic though. Thankfully my youngest has now been skiing with us for 2 years now, so don't need to bother about chidcare
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mrs johnboy, Used them in Tignes, and daughter was very happy, aged two at the time. Nursery was in the chalet we were staying at and she just about got one to one. Took them out quite a bit.

Nursery was the best bit, the rest of what crystal did was rather average.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone. Very Happy

Shimmy Alcott, not sure but hopefully France.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mrs johnboy, are you not taking grandma?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w,

Just looking at all the options at the moment.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just had a quick look and they've stopped doing it in Courchevel 1850 Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mrs johnboy, not Crystal Pepi but I cannot recommend Snowbizz highly enough for childcare. It is a very small company read truly personal service, with the owner present every day in resort. The small team of nannies are all lovely and the head nanny has been with them for 3 possibly 4 seasons now, pretty sure she is returning this season. My son is nearly 6 and skiing all day now so not a big factor for us now but if I have another baby that's where I will go for the childcare. Resort might not suit you and johnboy as it is very small, the advantage though is you can back in a flash to Alice if you needed/wanted to. Best of luck with your choice snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hi
have used them before in norway - where the creche was at the bottom of the main slope so you could ski round
every 20 minutes or so, we have also used exprit extensively.

i think the actual care rates about the same, although for actual skiing care - as they learn to ski esprit are better as they stay
with the kids during lessons.

ours is now 6 and for the last two trips and the next we have switched back to crystal on cost as we saved 500 this year over esprit.

Flaine was good last year - the totem was where we stayed - like all hotels it could be bit better looked after bu the facilities for the kids
and the extensive kids slopes just below the hotel ( shallow green about 500m long) was really usefull.

the crystal gang at flaine were very good.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mrs johnboy, I've stayed in the Turquoise in BP about 6 years ago - - - as a late booker taking a single room with no kids.
Cannot comment on the creche but the location is superb for piste access for you & Mr JB.

Don't recall any of the Mums & Dads moaning about the sprog handling at the bar of an evening so I suppose that's a +.
The food wasn't brilliant but family friendly. IIRC the hotel had no TV - didn't bother me.

But even the best place can change season to season with new staff.
snow report
Mrs johnboy, if you go mid jan maybe have a look at skifamille (and mention you are a snowhead and you might get a discount). They seemed to pick their staff very well and they looked after the kids well. They often have offers for mid january.

Ski Esprit are also worth looking at as they have a wide choice of resorts, more like a big tour operator like Crystal
snow conditions
We can really recommend Le Ski in La Tania (Chalet though, not hotel). Their creche is lovely and we used it for the last two years. The kids are taken out every afternoon for a walk/bum boarding session and later on in the season they quite often were taken up in the bubble for a hot chocolate and play in the snow at the top of the mountin. This was fun as the parents would meet the kids there and then ski back down underneath the bubble and the kids could watch them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy