Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niederau info

Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Niederau for New Year and have a few queries...

1) Transfer by private car looks expensive. Are there any Niederau based taxi firms that might be cheaper then the ones advertised on the web or do we go for the train (from Innsbruck)?
2) Are there any celebrations laid on for New Years Eve (e.g. fireworks)?
3) Is it possible to buy a walkers pass for my non skiing wife?
4) Is it possible to ski down to the village using just blue runs?
5) Are there any mountain restaurants where we could meet my wife for lunch?

Thanks, Pete
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you can get a train to Worgl there are usually taxis waiting at the station that take you up to Niederau and always seemed relatively inexpensive to us.
There is a taxi firm in Niederau - expect the tourist office could help you with the name, by the road junction and next to a shoe shop if I remember correctly.
Generally quite a party atmosphere on NYE
Don't recall the ski down to the village being very difficult - and it seems to have been made much easier by being widened near the top -
Definitely easy to meet you wife for lunch as she can go up in the gondola and just short walk to at least two.

There's a Snowhead on here called Carolyn who will probably see this and respond.
Hope you have a good time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1) Public transport is good and reasonably priced but involves 2 changes and a hassle with luggage: Airport to train staion by bus, train from Innsbruck to Wörgl, bus to Neiderau costing less than 20 euros pp each way. Taxi transfer services ask about £200-250 return, not so bad if there are 4 of you.
2) Was a good night.
3) I don't think the walkers path is available in winter, you used to be able to buy a single return trip for the Gondola.
4) They are marked as red but are very easy.
5) There is a restaurant and a bar at the top of the Gondola, nice when the sun comes out.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're off to Niederau for New Year and have a few queries...

1) Train Innsbruck to Worgl. There are taxis outside the station. 15 Eu to Niederau. If the timing is right, Post bus is 7 Eu. (So if 2 people or more taxi is better, goes to door.
2) Are there any celebrations laid on for New Years Eve (e.g. fireworks)? Yes, big style.
3) Is it possible to buy a walkers pass for my non skiing wife? You can buy a single trip Gondola ticket.
4) Is it possible to ski down to the village using just blue runs? No
5) Are there any mountain restaurants where we could meet my wife for lunch? Meet up at Rudis, 100m to the right of the Gondola top station. It's actually called the Jochalm. Or turn left and walk half a mile to the Kropfraderjochalm.

There is often a second fireworks display at Oberau, on New Years Day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone. All we need now is a bit of snow!

Pete
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Pete,

You could try office@wildschoenaureisen.com which is a local taxi company specializing in airport runs.
New Year is celebrated very enthusiastically here - where are you staying? The hotel will probably have something.
There is a gondola which your wife can pay just when she goes up and down and there are several mountain rwstaurants for you to meet for lunch, from a 2 minute walk to half an hour or thereabouts.
The runs to the village are all red.

Hope you have a great time,

Carolyn
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Carolyn, we're staying at the Hotel Austria, not the poshest I know but we had to re-book a month or so ago as the place we were originally due to stay in Seefeld let us down. In additona we are on a budget and are arriving 27/12 so this has severly limited our options. We also need a pool and some other facilities for my non-skiing wife.

Pete
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peteman, The Austria is a lovely hotel and right in the middle of the village. I think you have made a great choice. Have you thought of taking your wife on a sleigh ride? We often go to the Austria just for a meal out as they have an excellent menu. Enjoy! Carolyn
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Austria is great!! Herbert at the Alpenland ( 50 metres from Austria) is putting on a firework display this year we will be styaing there!! Pop in for a drink!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds good might take you up on that!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We are staying in Pension Diane http://www.niederau.com/ from 28th till 4th Jan any reports on this property? there are 12 of us from Wales listen out for the singing and fancy dress.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some good deals coming up for Niederau at the moment.

This year there will be myself, Mrs JB, 6 mth old baby Alice and my mum who is a non skier, possibly a beginner.

Great deals, however I am worried that I might get bored as the ski area is pretty small. I like to travel between villages. Is the area of Auffach far away? Is there opportunities for day trips to other resorts?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy, Auffach is just a short ride away on the free ski bus, it is on the same ski pass & well worth a visit for a change with a decent top to bottom run. Hopfgarten is just over the hill, Ive done it cross-country but it would be a hike back, easier by taxi. Hopfgarten gives you access to the Skiwelt - Sheffau, Brixen, Söll, Hopfgarten, Ellmau, Westendorf, Going etc. you will need to buy a differnt lift pass.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy wrote:
I like to travel between villages. Is the area of Auffach far away? Is there opportunities for day trips to other resorts?

According to the map it's just a few km between Niederau and Oberau and Auffach, and the regular bus service is free with a guest card according to this site

From Worgl there appaears to be a bus service line 4060 that goes to several Wilder Kaiser ski area resorts ie Itter, Soll, Ellmau, Going and St Johann. Alternatively from Worgl there is a rail line that goes to Hopfgarten , Brixen, Kirchberg and Kitzbuhel. None of these areas of course will be included in the Wildschonau area ski pass, but you could always just buy a 5 day pass and buy a day pass if you do go to a new area. However if you buy the more expensive Kitzbuhel Alps All star Card it apparently covers you for all these areas and more.

Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers folks,

The deal is for the Harfenwirt (Guest Houses) H/B/ £380 from Belfast. 8/01/11
ski holidays
Hello,
Just a quick note for you, both the Diane and Harfenwirt are lovely, and they are both right opposite skilifts - allbeit on opposite ends of the village but you can ski everywhere from these hotels. Before we moved here for good have stayed at both and enjoyed them immensely.
Enjoy, Carolyn
ski holidays
Thanks Carolyn.
ski holidays
Yes thank you Carolyn listen out for us singing ang join us for a drink, can you recommend a creche for my 3 year old? snowHead
snow report
Sounds good to me - I work for the Red Ski School and we have a great tot-minding service! If you look at our website at www.auhof.co.at we have a link to the Ski School website. Hope to see you and that you all have a great time!
snow conditions
carolyn, your web site seems to be deactivated for some reason - I just clicked on the link to look at your web cam.

This is the message displayed:

Quote:
Diese Domain wurde vorübergehend deaktiviert.

Falls Sie Besucher dieser Seite sind, wenden Sie sich bitte an den Domaininhaber oder den Webmaster.
Falls Sie der Inhaber dieser Seite sind, wenden Sie sich an ProfiHost

Hope it is only a temporary glich

Smile
snow report
Hi, seems ok now Smile
latest report
No, it ain't, carolyn. I'm still getting that message.
snow conditions
carolyn, nope I'm still getting the same message - so something is not right there!
ski holidays
yes niederau is a great resort, there is a free bus service to Auffach which has numerous long reds. Also a 10 minute taxi ride takes you to Hopfgarten and opens up the ski welt which was voted number 1 worldwide in 2009/10!!
ski holidays
Hi, We have been having internet troubles on and off for a few weeks now, and hope that our website with webcam of beautiful snowy Niederau is ok now! Just tried it myself and all seem in order. Carolyn
snow report
Hi, the deals for the Harfenwirt are all looking quite good at the moment but be prepared to have to pay 1 Euro per boiled egg at breakfast time and also for water in the evening! The hotel is lovely and could be much better but the owner has things very tightly "sewn" up! pool area is amazing, food average, convenient for lift but quite a walk to supermarket. Limited drinks in bar, no Baileys! Not bad value at under £400 each though.
snow report
I have not been for 4 years but have fond memories of the place. I want a bigger ski area now but for fun it is a great place, I had 3 great holidays there.
Is Walter still behind the bar at the Harfenwirt ?
....and his bother Herbert, the owner, still planing the harp ?

http://youtube.com/v/Uqa7keaBReo
ski holidays
Thanks for all the advice so far. Does anyone have any recommendations for a ski hire shop for intermediate skiers (we are staying at the Austria)? Also what choices are there regarding ski schools, I'm aware of Red but they don't have any prices online.

Cheers Pete
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, we always hire from Margreiter hire shops, they have them in Neiderau, Oberau & Auffach, so if you have any problems you can always pop into one of their other centres to get sorted out. They always have the latest gear as well. The Neiderau shop is just at the bottom of the Markbachjoch gondola which is almost directly opposite the hotel Austria.

have a great time it is a lovely place
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy