Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I got pair scott missions 183 my height is 192cm about weight about 224lb .

I got pair head edge 10.8 ski boots as recommended by profeet. I want to do alot more off piste stuff this season. Last season i just felt i couldn't get all my power in to scotts. Can anyone recommend a range of boots that would be fit for purpose. I have broad toe space too .

guess what im looking for is stiffer boot. But then friends telling me you want a softer boot for off piste stuff. Sad im confused

some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
MM
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get yourself off to see a good boot fitter, tell them your requirements and from that and looking at and measuring your feet they'll be able to tell you which boots are best.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Madmonk, the edge, whilst a great boot range for very high volume feet, is exactly that, if your rearfoot is wide as well and you have lots of volume around the ankle then great boot, that ad for lower level skiers not wanting a tighter fit in these areas

there are plenty of boots out there which are wide in the forefoot and even more in the medium to wide category, the key is to get something which fits the heel and ankle well and can be made wider in the forefoot as required
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Reckon the problem is with your skis. The Missions aren't that stiff so with you're stats you'll easily over power them. You need to go longer, wider & stiffer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
what skis boots

Tecnica Wink

That was a JOKE by the way....

Quote:
softer boot for off piste stuff?

very stiff (top end) race boots can make it tricky to absorb bumps with your ankles.
but they are designed for skiing on a hard consistent piste - not variable snow / moguls.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 10-10-10 20:46; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boots to suit foot shape, and body weight / ability mix ie a heavy beginner can need a stiffer boot or as stiff a boot as a lighter expert
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

You need to go longer, wider & stiffer

Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
softer boot for off piste stuff?

very stiff (top end) race boots can make it tricky to absorb bumps with your ankles.
but they are designed for skiing on a hard consistent piste - not variable snow / moguls.[/quote]

Tue Sometimes, however it depends on weight, range of flex etc. No point using a softer shell if you bend the thing in half. It's a little bit of horses for courses, but many Freeride boots are just as stiff, if not more so that some of the 'recreational' race boots.

See a decent bootfitter and he can see exatly what is going on and how you flex a boot.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thank you everyone, ill get my self down to boot fitter i might goto profeet in london again, dont know.

MM
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Go see CEM, he is as good as they get from the feedback on here!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would second that!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jimmythefoot, Second, being the operative word!.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don't see your UK based shop yet to share the love.............. Smile

Madmonk, If you live in Chamonix there are also good bootfitters, although in the UK you are very limited to people you tell you their honest opinions, regardless of whether that means they can sell you a boot of not. At least with CEM he will not sell you a boot that isn't right for you. Many others will sell you a boot for the sake of selling you a boot.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy