Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wide Feet? Higher Volume? ... be sure to see a good bootfitter

Poster: A snowHead
You can always make them larger, but ski boots don't shrink in the wash.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
to expand the topic.... slim feet, low volume, be sure to get low volume boots Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and be sure to start with the right boot Twisted Evil
yawn...
he who shouts loudest wins.
and the person with most posts is obviously the best internet skier ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
haggis me old scotch bonnet, Wink
it appears that you have a problem with bootfitters disagreeing with your viewpoint

no one was saying the boot wasn't right for you, there are just a load more options out there than a brand which is in mine and several other retailers minds over priced. and as i said in the other thread, they offer not a lot different form several other brands but they deliver late

not about shouting loudest , or being a the best internet skier it is about education, the more educated you become on a subject the more informed choices you can make and long term the better the service that will become available Little Angel

i should add that i don't give a dam what boots you or anyone else skis in, i would prefer that if you want work doing on them by me that you arrived with something which was kind of close to your right size and foot shape, but being as they fit you out the box there will be no need for that anyway.... there are a good few people on here will testify that if i haven't got the right boot for a client i will send them away...it is the best non sale to make, as they then spread the word that they weren't ripped off by the shop selling what was in stock

it is not about brand, it is about foot shape, END OF

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 10-10-10 11:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, Back in your box, Charlie. Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nope
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM - fair points.
And thanks for contributing useful information
Especially the interesting and honest reasons why very few UK retailers no longer stock the 'orange brand'.

Quote:
that if i haven't got the right boot for a client i will send them away.

I would hope so - and I am pretty sure you provide a great service.
And yes I will agree that there probably are 2 (maybe 3) other high performance options that would well for wide feet.
Thanks for pointing some of the other options out - instead of just slinging mud...

As you might have imagined have had some interesting experiences in the past with certain shops trying to recommend other boots - when i knew that the Tecnica Diablo was almost certainly the right boot for me - its just that finding a pair in the UK was tricky!. Asked a couple of smaller shops if they could order a pair in - and both were reluctant ( tried to put me into 'tweaked' Speedmachines, which felt OK and comfortable - but just not perfect like my old Tecnica did). In the end had to order a pair of Diablos from Snow & Rock online as no one else stocked them - then got super feet and heat molding at a local ski shop. Not ideal solution for sure... But it worked out well.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
it appears that you have a problem with boot-fitters disagreeing with your viewpoint

For whats it worth my only problem is people suggesting a certain boot isn't a valid option (wider feet/high performance) just because they don't stock it. Especially if I know from previous experience it works well for me.

Several of the other comments / advice / suggestions in the original thread (from both CEM and SZK) were useful and productive for sure.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I AM THE BEST SKIER ON THE INTERNET!

/end thread
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not if post volume is anything to go by wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nope parlor, that would be me , cos I have more posts than the rest of you put together.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, touche!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

For whats it worth my only problem is people suggesting a certain boot isn't a valid option (wider feet/high performance) just because they don't stock it.

We stock what we please, for the most part that is. I don't consider the Diablo a High performance boot, I would reserve that statement, for plug and modified plug shells only.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

We stock what we please, for the most part that is. I don't consider the Diablo a High performance boot, I would reserve that statement, for plug and modified plug shells only.

agreed, got plenty of them Little Angel
ski holidays
My number of posts would make me the worst internet skiier then ..... Sad

mmmmm Plug boots and the smell of grinding them always gets me going! :S
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy