Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Myth Bustin'

Poster: A snowHead
There is no such thing as a brand that "Suits my Foot Shape."
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, that can't be QUITE right, otherwise you'd never know which boots at least to shortlist for a client, it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, wouldn't it?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, Given that each brand has around 12 different last shapes and that there will be a new one each year, i'll tell you again, it's a complete myth. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, gotcha.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't understand why people think like this, surely it's the same as saying something along the lines of Atomic* skis are good in powder.

* insert name of any company here.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly, Good comparison
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly, whereas we any fule knos that Dobermann SL-Rs are good in powder.[/b]
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, So I assume that you only stock one brand then.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jimmjimm, Nope, but we sell models, not brands. Models change from year to year, brands don't, simple hey............... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name, maybe but I bet Atomic Speeds aren't so good. I don't know if that's the full name it's all I can see on my photo of them.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, rolling eyes rolling eyes You want to tell the truth or make money?

Branding and Substance have little to connect them. Brands who create 'niche' images are shooting themselves in the foot ( or more probably in the gonads).

Products and Brands have little to connect them other than big-titted marketeers ( than again .. you may have told me that!) Embarassed Razz Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Actually, my ski boots are Technicas that I got at SZK's old place. I don't know what model, I just wanted something that fitted my feet. My feet are really narrow too, although they do have very high arches so I guess are high volume. The amount I ski they should last a lifetime.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swirly, Don't do Atomic, too much like Tecnica.

Joking, we got the Volt and the Tracker, plus them RT Ti thingies for Murdoch and his ilk.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I was talking about these https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/DPP_0274.JPG not being that good in powder compared to his slalom skis.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 9-10-10 13:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Agenterre, Stop it. I reserve the right to contradict myself given the opportunity, now where is that athlete contract from Tecnica?????

XX
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, It's just that I'm fed up of changeing the liners in my Atomics which are knackered again ( albeit at your cost. NB FOR OTHERS .. he did not make the original sale so lawd knows why he does it for free) ..... I guess she & I need to visit before the season starts .. rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

them RT Ti thingies for Murdoch

Are they orange? I quite like orange.
snow report
another myth - multiple posts on a web forum doesnt mean your always correct
though it may make you a better internet skier.... Wink
snow report
Agenterre, Mate would be over the moon to see you.
snow report
Haggis_Trap wrote:
another myth - multiple posts on a web forum doesnt mean your always correct
though it may make you a better internet skier.... Wink

wanna fight about it Toofy Grin
snow report
Haggis_Trap, "You are" when abbreviated is "you're" not "your". I apologise for being a pedantic tw*t but I can't help it. It's a form of punctuation Tourette's.

My family hate me for it and my friends simply punch me in the face these days. So now I'm not only annoying but also disfigured.
latest report
jzBun, Haggis_Trap is Scottish, it's lucky the poor chap can write at all.

PS. My post in the other thread stands.
ski holidays
Boom.... getting called a dirty northern tw@t on threads about ski boots - de ja vu wink
+1 on the post count for me Twisted Evil
snow report
Haggis_Trap, Who called you a dirty northern tw@t?
ski holidays
^ Ha, that is a long story... and many moons ago Twisted Evil
+2 on the post count for me.... wink
snow report
Haggis_Trap, "deja vu" no need for space between de and ja, it's all one word

ROFLOL..
ski holidays
Quote:
"deja vu" no need for space between de and ja, it's all one word
ROFLOL..

under a new name
If your going to play that game its actually Déjà vu
So go p-ss up a rope loser. ROFLOL
+3 on the post count Twisted Evil

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 10-10-10 17:28; edited 3 times in total
snow report
under a new name wrote:
Haggis_Trap, "deja vu" no need for space between de and ja, it's all one word

ROFLOL..

Haven't we been here before ? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geepee, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Was it ever true? Was there a time when each brand didn't have so many lasts, so suited certain foot shapes better? Has this come about because of mergers between companies so making sharing of expensive lasts possible? Does each brand then aspire to the impossible goal of producing parallel ranges for each last, ie for each type of skiing a range covering each level of skier and in each size for each of their lasts Puzzled
latest report
Haggis_Trap, and your point is? I corrected one of your mistakes and you come right back at me correcting two more of your own?

How very weird is that?

Anyway, have you got decently fitting boots yet? NehNeh
ski holidays
slikedges wrote:
Was it ever true? Was there a time when each brand didn't have so many lasts, so suited certain foot shapes better? Has this come about because of mergers between companies so making sharing of expensive lasts possible? Does each brand then aspire to the impossible goal of producing parallel ranges for each last, ie for each type of skiing a range covering each level of skier and in each size for each of their lasts Puzzled

of all the brand mergers etc the only ones that actually share lasts are rossi and lange on certain race models... they sure as hell all share R&D and purchasing of raw materials
latest report
slikedges, That's all very true infact. Moulds mast a good few years. Ideally and realistically it will take around 5 years of global sales to break even on the investmnt for new tools and production flow. There are still a few boots on the maket that have used the same tools for over 10 years. The Nordica Dobermann, that is still practicaly the same mould, after a bit of TLC and dentistry is the very same. The Raichle Flexon (aka Full Tilt) Is again maintained and now 27 years old.
What we are seeing today, as boot fitters, is that the most economical and best way to develop boots is to start from the plug (performance) moulds and work back from there. The main reason for fit options across a brands range is based on the liners doing more work to accomodate those shoppers that buy based on trying boots on. With bootfitting to a high standard on the rise, we are all leaning towards these plug shells and modifiying them more often and more precisely than ever before.
The lower range models being refered to here and on other threads are designed to be precise and comfortable straing out of the box, to alow untrained sales staff sell ski boots to willing customers. This is the line betwen sales and fitting and where are skills are employed.
It is true to say that today, each reputable has two moulds they are developing. Rando-Freerando and Plug. From here the designer has all the data he or she (infact not met any she's) can create practically any shell, beginner-racer and sidecountry hero-uphill gardener.
Take any name of Boot company and imagine they have access to around 15 lasts (cross ecomomic pollenation), today, those shapes of mould are closer between brands than ever before due to the amount of physiological data available from bootfitters and designers moving from brand to brand.
This now means that shape is a simple choice if left to a bootfitter, all you need to say is what brand or colour you want and we'll twist it's neck until it fits.
snow report
Clear as mud.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, so I can have orange?

Yippee!
snow report
under a new name, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
^ under a new name how about brown ?
it might match the colour of your nose ?

Quote:
Anyway, have you got decently fitting boots yet?

so you can tell if someones boot fit over the internet ?
remind me never to trust your opinion!

Quote:
and your point is? I corrected one of your mistakes

you tried to be a smart @rse, and still got it wrong... ROFLOL.

at least SZK and CEM have contributed something worthy / interesting of merit - unlike yourself.
snow report
Haggis_Trap, and your problem is what exactly? If we're discussing smart @rsery, I reckon you got it in first.

Perhaps you should ask them to reverse the sense of humour bypass?

Go take some more awesome photos!!
snow report
no problem.... just fighting fire with fire Twisted Evil (under a new name happy to call this one quits - i dont hold a grudge....)

I make start one thread suggesting Tecnica Wink boots are good for wide feet, performance, and also hard to find in the UK. All of which I still believe to be true. For sure expected a few comments in the original thread. (there is some good stuff and discussion in there) but not 3 other side topics all taking the rip

Though at least we now know Parlor is officially the worlds best internet skier Little Angel
snow report
Haggis_Trap wrote:

Though at least we now know Parlor is officially the worlds best internet skier Little Angel

Hee hee hee hee, yeah, I'd got that impression too. (In all fairness parlor, I'd appreciate skiing with you).

No grudge to hold...H.T. wink

Spesh as you spawned some excellent commentary. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy