Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bootfitters - Zipfit liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know this may sound like a stupid question but, I have Zipfit liners in my old boots and would like to put them in my current boots because the liners have packed out. The boot shells are the same size.
Do I need to refit the liners, or will they be ok?
I seem to remember my bootfitter saying I could reuse the Zipfits?!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you can reuse the zip fit liners no problems at all, best thing is to heat the shells (and the liners if you can, but remove the footbeds when you do) then wear them until they cool, flexing moderately as you do, easiest way to heat the shells if you are doing a DIY job is a big pot of boiling water for 5 mins, in the shop we put them in an oven at 130 degrees C

gloves for when you clip them up is a good idea as the clips get pretty hot
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, thanks - that's about what I thought. I think the easiest thing is to take them back to the fitter where I got the boots and have him heat them up.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
simplest way, if you know them and you bought the boot there, go armed with a small case of beer or a nice bottle of red .... that normally greases the wheels and gets the job done well and for little if any cost
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, I have a deal with them - I send my students there! Very Happy And if he's not available there's the fitter I used to work for,.... and the fitter I babysit for....... Very Happy Some days it really does seem as though Tahoe exists on the barter system. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
... ok tahoe...brussels ...now you are confusing me

who is it then..i know a few there
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry - winters in Tahoe, Brussels is temporary. Boots are from Gunner at Granite Chief (in the village at Squaw so convenient). Used to work for Jim Shaffner at Start Haus - which is who the Zipfits are from.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
don't know Gunner but i do know Jim Shaffner
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I worked for Jim when he just got his retail shop going - was fun but the highlight of my job was pricing tiny tubs of race wax! He's doing very well now - expanded into next door. Only reason my shells aren't from him is convenience - can get minor adjustments done between lessons, rather than having to make a special trip to Truckee. wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy