Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap accomodation in France nr Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Planning to go ski-ing for a few days in France in February half term week- myself and 12 yr old daughter. Looking for cheap accomodation (hostel would be OK I think)- which I guess might be difficult at half term, particularly as would only be for 2-3 nights. Probably would fly to Geneva. Any ideas please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

The following information might help!

The Budget Options:

■Formule 1 Geneva Airport - From just 35 € per room (can sleep up to 3 people in a double bed with single bunk above) this very basic budget hotel is a 12 minute drive from the airport. A taxi will cost around 15 €. It may be possible for our mini bus to do a drop off there en route if time permits.
■Hotel Stars Geneva Airport - From 45 € per room (based on two people sharing) this budget hotel is a few minutes drive from the airport. A taxi will cost around 12 €. It may be possible for our mini bus to drop off en route if time permits.
A Little More Luxury:

Hotel Ibis Geneva Airport - From £55 weekend/£69 mid week per room this comfortable hotel has a shuttle bus that runs to and from the hotel between the hours of 05:30 – 23:00.

For more information and a full range of hotels either within the city centre or near the airport visit www.hotelscomparison.com .

Regards

Mick R
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skeg289, forgive me if I'm being thick but I think the idea is for wopple to go skiing, not flying wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wopple, there probably won't be anything cheap in resort. But if you stay in a hotel down on the A 40 motorway between Geneva and chamonix you would be in very easy driving distance of a range of resorts. The Formule 1 in Annemasse would be hyper cheap, but about an hour (e.g. to Chamonix or Flaine). the IBIS in Sallanches would be a fair bit more expensive, but very close to Combloux (10 - 15minutes) and only a few minutes further to Megeve. You could also look for hotels in Passy, Le Fayet etc.

there are some hostels in Chamonix - my niece has stayed in one and rated it highly - no doubt someone who knows Chamonix will come up with some suggestions, though that week might be very busy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A little plug for a beautiful village to stay in. It is called Finhaut and is the first town in Switzerland east of the Chamonix resorts. A small ski area at Les Marécottes is accessible by train in 10 minutes from the village. Or Vallorcine in France which is part of the greater Chamonix ski area is again about 10 minutes away by train or car.

There is a B+B in the village called Le Mont Fleuri, never stayed there, but it's a lovely little place, a handful of restaurants, a corner shop, a train station, amazingly for a village of 374 inhabitants who all seem to know each other, there is a 25m swimming pool ideal for apres-ski. Just writing this is making me very homesick for the village.
http://www.lemontfleuri.ch/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PS you can get easily from Geneve to Finhaut, by train via Martigny.
http://www.finhaut.ch/alpes-suisses/bienvenue-finhaut.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just had a thought, have you considered UCPA? They do weekends for 120 euro for 2 days in February inclusive of everything except transport.
www.ucpa.com
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy