Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructor in la Tania?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

Hi, newbie here!

We're going for a week in La Tania in January (it's our second time there, and our fourth/fifth week on snow).  We'll be booking at least a couple of private lessons (for two of us) while we're there and I wondered if anyone has any recommendations?  We're happy to go over to Courchevel if necessary. We're both happy on most pistes, although we haven't really done any off piste (not that we wouldn't like to try!)

Thanks!
 Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MrsM, give Derek at http://www.skimarmalade.com/ a shout, highly recommended
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MrsM, or try Newgen in La Tania http://www.skinewgen.com/latania/meet-the-team.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHeads MrsM. There have been topics about lessons in La Tania - the links below have further links to recommendations. I think Magic have been mentioned a few times.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1191342&highlight=tania+lessons#1191342

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=805821&highlight=tania+lessons#805821
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MrsM, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead We've had good reports for both Magic and New Generation. The nursery slopes are in the village centre close to the shops, bars etc., but the other ski schools meet at the gondola (still in the 'centre' but over to the side)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 7-10-10 18:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ESF are the cheapest.. but the quality really depends on which instructor you get. If money is not a problem, then I would recommend Magic. No need to go over to Courchevel, La Tania links in to the Courchevel easy enough for you to have lots to ski. Enjoy La Tania (my home!).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MrsM, Welcome! Ultimate Snowsports based in La Tania, small school, British instructors, very good.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. I will give those a try. We're really keen to develop our technique (especially on the blacks and the bumpy stuff) and from what I've been reading on here, continuing to have regular lessons (as long as they're good) is worth it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MrsM - Try Ben Silcocks at Momentum Snowsports. He works in both La Tania and Courchevel

www.momentumsnowsports.com
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi

This may be a bit late for you, but we are just back from La Tania.

We used New Generation for our daughter who is 6, unfortunately they didn't have any group lessons for her ability, so we had a few privates with James.

She was happy and we were happy, just a shame they didn't have a group for mornings for her.

Friends of ours also booked a private two hours with Magic, there were four of them, three only skied once 7 years ago and one who had done a bit more. They had a French guy, with a goaty and looked like your typical ski instructor. I caught the end of the lesson and he was absolutely spot on with his advice and they progressed really quickly.

Word of caution, I saw a group of kids (around 7 or 8 years old), with ESF, one kid was being really told off by an older woman - in English, although she was French. I don't know what he had done and as my otherhalf said, it could have been something completely dangerous, but bearing in mind it was only the second day, I would not have been happy if she spoke to my daughter like that. I wouldn't have been surprised if he didn't want to ski again! Not nice to see.

Hope this helps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy