Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Avoriaz liftpass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It has probably been asked on here before, but I can't find it on the search....actually I got bored after the looking through the first page. What is the deal with the passes available in Avoriaz? Is the Grand Avoriaz area pass enough for a week or is it better to go for the full Portes du Soleil for an extra 90€? A google search didn't provide much information either Puzzled

Thanks in advance

Andy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
freestyleandy, Hmmm, how much skiing have you done?

If you have done very little, and are early on the curve, or are generally feeble, an Avoriaz pass might suit. ("Grand" Avoriaz? What's that then?)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would just get the whole area unless you have done less than 2 weeks skiing. My first Ti
E in skis I ventured over to Switzerland, a little to difficult but I managed it. I think it's €205 for the whole area, and it's worth it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name, I have done a lot of skiing........about 8 seasons as an instructor Toofy Grin just spent most of that time in Andorra/Italy/South America and not had much experience with French resorts and their amazing array of passes! Based on your explanation, I would think the full pass is needed Very Happy Or daily upgrades if they are not too expensive, and that may give extra flexibility with the weather....hmmm choices....

As for the Grand Avoriaz pass, I think it is just the name that company has given it to make it sound bigger than it actually is!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Forget daily upgrades just go for whole area. Go where you want when you want, change you ind and go somewhere else without having the fag of going for a pass upgrade Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
freestyleandy, 100% you should get the full area pass... we've been twice for 3 days at a time and still easy ventured to various areas of the domain - I'd happily go back again.... but I miss Austrian apres.... Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
freestyleandy, Ahhh, you totally need the full pass. I must admit that the "grand" description is a new one on me...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were there last year and although I don't remember anything called a Grand Avoriaz pass what you want is the full PdS area pass for about €205 for the week, no doubt about it. I've done 8 weeks not 8 seasons and Avoriaz wouldn't have been enough alone for me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ishay,
Quote:

I've done 8 weeks not 8 seasons and Avoriaz wouldn't have been enough alone for me.

Yep. Only did 1 week in PdS and it wasn't enough
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
halfhand, Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Definitely go for the whole area pass - there is so much to explore it is well worth it.

I imagine as well it would be quite easy to stray into an area not covered by the Avoriaz pass
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy