Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone experience around St Gervais over Xmas/New Year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for advice from anyone with experience in St Gervais region at Xmas time.

Bringing 3 generations together for two weeks over Xmas/New Year and need a base with a bit of character for non-skiers in family to potter around during day. Last Xmas Chamonix fitted the bill and this year considering St Gervais to give us a few shops for the wrinklies and hopefully a reasonable choice of ski options. Have previously skied season in Espace Diamant and Grand Massif regions so know you can get little micro-climates in the area which can give better snow conditions than some of the more obvious resorts. But realise I can pushing it here as far as height is concerned and so wondering if anyone has hit the slopes around St Gervais at Xmas time and how it fares.

All advanced skiers but having a lot of variety, attractive scenery plus good off-piste opportunities more important than multitude of black runs.
Have car and would be looking at skiing whole Evasion Pass plus perhaps popping over to Courmayeur and Flaine as well. Higher resorts ruled out because of limited village life and also trying to keep transfer time from Geneva to 2hrs.

Many thanks for your help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Usually the snow is ok, especially if you have a car.......... good varied skiing at St Gervais, Megeve and Les Contamines!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
drumreagh, We love St Gervais and are skiing there for the 2nd consecutive year next January. Haven't been at Christmas, but a couple of weeks later, and the snow was excellent with a huge extra fall on our last day/night. The village is lovely and I can imagine they would do the festive thing very well. Lots of little shops and cafes, plus stunning views.

I'd expect you would have enough skiing to keep you happy for a week without needing to go elsewhere, unless you really wanted to of course....

A good choice and I'm sure you'll love it Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been twice at Xmas - Last year and the year before and will be there again this Xmas. First year was amazing snow as it was just about everywhere. Last year was far better than the doommongers were predicting. (New Year I understand was a washout though!) Advanced skiers are likely to find it a bit tame in terms of pitch but the mileage is vast and the scenery is to die for. The people are very friendly and inclusive - relatives will be welcome at any events taking place at the espace Mont Blanc. Christmas will be dead quiet if the last two years are any measure but New Year will be busy, busy, busy.

Like Anniepen, we love it there!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy