Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Balcons De La Vanoise Termignon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, well having booked our main trip in end of January to La Rosiere, we decided to see if we could get a cheapy week in March.

I have managed to book a 3 bedroom, sleeps 8 ( 2 on the sofa ) appt. at the above venue, got it at a bargain price off a French web site,

Anyone stayed or been to these appts. and if so what are they like.

I have skiid and stayed in Val Cenis ( last season ) and skiid to Termignon, so although i have skiid its runs and stopped for a quick Vin Chaud i don't know much about Termignon.

Any tips, bar or restaurant recommendtions greatfully recieved

Thanks

Tim B
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump in hope Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Tim

I stayed in Val Cenis in Jan 2009 but like you I only went to Termignon briefly, and on skiis, so can't help I'm afraid. The 2 villages are well linked up though and I think the ski buses run late into the night so you can always nip between the two if Termingnon is a bit quiet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Tim, if you look at the peakretreats web site they have write up on these apartments and resort. Not been myself but did consider it. I think if you search on snowheads for val cenis people have been.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed there for the last week of the season in April this year. Very French - hardly saw another GB car all week. Very good value apartments and friendly recption staff. Be warned that one of the other blocks of apartments looks poorly constructed + maintained and doesn't do much for the ambience. Not very much around the apartments - just a couple of promising looking local restaurants but we didn't try them so can't comment.
Very different to La Ros and other popular resorts - no night life. It's very much a farming community. Cows were grazing next to the piste (only bit of snow left by then). Beautiful drive down the valley to Val Cenis and Bonneval. Went back during the summer to drive the Col d'Iseran. Would be great to cycle if you've got the level of fitness required.

Efficient new chair lift upto some short, nice slopes that are served by drag lifts. Link to Val Cenis gives you plenty more skiing. Only problem we had was a powercut one morning that put the lifts out of action until 11am.

Lots of other resorts are in driving distance. Valfrejus worth a trip. Valloire/Valmeinier are great too, but a bit further.

For a cheap 2nd week - hard to beat. Hope to go back again soon.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 7-10-10 22:12; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dw832,

Cheers, this suits us for a second week, will be 4-6 of us, all we want is somewhere quiet, without the queues. As i said in my OP, we ski'd into Termignon when staying at Val Cenis this Jan/Feb 2010. It was however very cold, we then did La Toussuire in March.
whilst in La Touissuire my brother in law took a fall and had to be taken off the mountain ( torn calf muscle ). The pistierre that ski'd him off stated Val Cenis area was ideal for late season, due to its location and the snow holding/staying longer.

As long as there are a couple of restaurants, we will eat in all bar two nights. My recollection of Termignon is that some of the drags are quite long, but the reds are great with no-one on them.

Seeing as we got the appt, for less than 330 euro for a week, i think we have had a right result. Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Only 228 euros for a 4 person apartment at Easter. You won't find much cheaper than that.

http://reservation.sara.resalys.com/reservation/cgi/clickbooking.cgi?display=home&iframe=1&force_theme=73&force_etab_id=3&webuser=web_fr
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy