Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Votes please - Resort choices.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been to Zermatt and Ischgl and would pick Zermatt hands down. We stayed in a lovely apartment near the Klein Matterhorn lift and I really liked the location and would try and stay near there again.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zermatt every time - especially if you're planning to go back to oz next year. You won't get a view like that in thredbo. Or anywhere else on the planet for that matter.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you go to Zermatt (which is beautiful) it is worth looking at a map to see where you are relative to the lifts. Even with the shuttle buses you might need to walk a bit as the main points of access to the spread-out ski areas are quite far apart. But it is worth it (and there are some great mountain restaurants - get some advice on that). Lech is more compact and Oberlech you are right on the slopes.
St Anton is a much bigger area than Lech /Zurs and is my favourite, but I'm wanting tougher off-piste skiing. Zermatt also has some good off-piste and you can do single heli drops at not too high a cost if you are up to it.
Is Zurs where royalty stays now? When I was young the Dutch Royals stayed at the Post in Lech which is prettier (Zurs is on a col)- but Lech is more than twice the size now. (The local saint has his bones on view - wrapped in gold foil - in the old church, which impressed me as a child.)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 16-10-10 8:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball, a lot of them still go to Lech but some choose Zürs (so I've read in Austrian press and not insider info I hasten to add). Apart from Zürs being ski in/out, I don't see the attraction myself.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy