Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - Official website accomm booking frustration

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been to St Anton a few times previously and have often booked accommodation through the website and found it very helpful.

I fully understand the resort is heavily geared towards Sat-Sat bookings and that some but not very many establishments will break with this formula to offer more flexibility.

I also appreciate that nearer the time if their weekly bookings are not matching their expectations they will offer shorter stays.

Normally I would relax and wait till nearer the time and find a hospitable pension willing to take a few lads at short notice but seeing as this is the first kid free (we do love 'em really) ski trip for the "trouble" wink and me since 2003 I want to make sure everything is tickety boo.

When I input the start date and length of stay on the tourist board website for accommodation it filters out the places available for a 3 night stay, or so I thought. When I email them to enquire about a booking the rooms are all (up to now) unavailable. Now I fully respect their decision to only take weekly bookings or the fact that they may be fully booked but surely the website filter should more readily illustrate this?

Any suggestions on how to get round this flaw? Anybody got any weekend friendly recommendations? Or should I just keep my poker face on and wait till nearer the time for something to pop up?

We are looking for 3 nights from 28 Jan.

I don't need to lavish her with Alte Post type luxury; clean, friendly and warm will do, preferably in town or Nasserein.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Tyke,

We've travelled dozens of times (as a couple or as part of 2 couples) to Austria for ski weekends and have never booked accommodation in advance - including trips during Fasching and, on 2 occasions, over New Year.

We've never failed to find a B & B after knocking on a few doors, although, admittedly, we've always had a car and have been able to drive around looking for digs.

I appreciate that it's not everyone's idea of fun but we usually arrive in time to ski on day 1, then worry later about where we are sleeping. First things first eh!wink

Have confidence and all will be ok!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you tried actually calling the tourist office and explaining the situation and seeing if they have any suggestions? As frustrating as it is this far out as you say most owners will be holding out for someone looking out for a week and time is very much on their side at this stage. Otherwise you could try contacting Sydney Reilly?

Edit: Having just read Bergmesiter's comment above, I'd endorse it, I've always found somewhere to stay! (though normally I find something a few days before I arrive...)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just wait to nearer the time. One or two days before or call the tourist office when your in the train/taxi from the Airport.

Jan 28th should not be a problem. Many German Federal States School Holidays start 31.01. - 05.02. but his doesn't normally effect St Anton to much.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bergmeister, not my idea of romantic kid-free trip though, trailing round looking for accommodation on arrival.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try www.tiscover.at

We usually stay at the Garni Senn, and they have always had people staying for just a couple of days
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last time I wanted to add a couple of days to my week in St Anton I had to wait till (literally) a day or two before going before the tourist office could find me 2 rooms. I don't think I'll try it again if I'm organising a small group but would do it for a couple of people.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you all for your words of wisdom. I will sit tight until Jan and then try again to get something booked up.

Hells Bells, thanks for your concern but the time spent trawling round pensions on the first night would not be at the expense of romance but VDT in the Moose!! wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try flexiski who have the amalien haus on the main street.
I would recommend you book early and try and negotiate on the nightly rate.
We went last year and it was perfect for a short break.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think the hotel Montana in the main St takes bookings if less than 7 days. Looks nice
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Most of the 4*5 Hotels will take bookings for any length of time. The Weekly (Sat to Sat) rule really applies to the family run pensions,apartments,Hotel Garnis.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boabski wrote:
I think the hotel Montana in the main St takes bookings if less than 7 days. Looks nice

Yes, it does and they have availabilty - at €710 for 3 nights... Shocked

I love the missus but not that much!!

Think I'll carry on waiting 'till nearer the time!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy