Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Light The Wick

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I didn't go to last night's showing in London (think some of you did) but just spotted a review of it by a certain David E Goldsmith on the Ski Club facebook page (bet they just love having him post there! Shocked Toofy Grin Laughing Laughing ) :

saw 'Light the Wick' - the "world's first 3D movie" (well 5 minutes are 3D) - last night. It follows the tried/tested formula of jetting the globe in search of powder stashes, with a heavy beats soundtrack. The Rolling Stones against a frontdrop of the staggeringly dangerous steeps of Peterburg, Alaska, worked brilliantly, and there's some incredibly deep powder footage from Jackson Hole ... but sadly the movie is generally a dumbed-down Warren Miller. Too many repetitive cliff hucks, and not enough exploration of what skiing is really about, in its thousands of dimensions. That said, they make the effort to ski Croatia, which looked interesting culturally. If you just want to sit back and let the usual suspects (!) ski the most scary terrain imaginable, you won't be disappointed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When is the DVD out? my copy of re session is wearing out quickly Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I suspect Mr Goldsmith is excatly the TGR target market and perhaps he should take his peripatetic expertise on all matters skiing over there. I've heard they are very welcoming to newcomers particularly those that recognise the superior merits of Warren Miller and avalanche cords.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does Mr. Goldsmith not post any more? I remember him posting a lot this time last year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, I understand, after significant research, that I may be quickly accepted into the TGR community by espousing the virtues of said Mr. Miller and the lift-accessed terrain of Aspen, CO. Can you please confirm if this is the case? If so, perhaps Mr. Goldsmith and I could travel together on some kind of package-based trip?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, I hope you have copyright clearance from the author to post that text! Wink Now the Long-Haired-One has a perpetual licence to use it. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother, yes, and I got £20 for it snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was at the premiere last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't really know what Goldsmith was expecting... Was he expecting a discovery channel'sque documentary or something?

Some of the lines that Sage was doing were absolutely mind blowing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy