Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes les Brevieres or Plan Peisey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've finally decided to go skiing for a season (well, 3 months exactly).

Not having loads of cash I've decided on either Tignes les Brevieres or Plan Peisey as I can get accom for about £500p/m which suits me pretty well.

I'm (not so modestly) a very good skier and have started getting in to off piste and terrain parks and definitely want to do a lot more of both.

Along with that, as both are situated outside of major resorts I'm a little apprehensive that I'm going to get bored of the local terrain.

Anyone care to give me advice on where I'm likely to have a better time?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vandarle wrote:
I'm (not so modestly) a very good skier and have started getting in to off piste and terrain parks and definitely want to do a lot more of both.

Along with that, as both are situated outside of major resorts I'm a little apprehensive that I'm going to get bored of the local terrain.

Not sure what you mean by that - both places are lift linked into huge domains...lots of off-piste potential in both. Sure they are satellite parts of resorts but you don't have to do too much lift chuntering to find some good stuff...

As to better time - depends on what you're looking for - I guess Tigness has a bigger scene, but that's probably more up the hill and they're possibly aint so much to choose between les brevs and peisey - I'd imagine they're pretty similar in terms of getting to know people given there's a limited range of bars...

actually I'm not sure i could survive a season staring up at that damn waiting for it to go, so it'd have to be peisey for me...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've spent much more time in Espace Killy than Paradiski - one season and six holidays vs one holiday - so probably a bit biased, but I've stayed in both Les Brev and Vallandry / Plan Peisey.

Bear in mind they're both small satellite villages so you might get tired of the nightlife after 3 months . But even larger resorts can have that effect.

As for local terrain, they're both large ski areas with plentiful off-piste so there's no way you should get bored.

Given the choice from a skiing point of view I'd go for Tignes. Nothing like the Vallon de la Sache for the last run of the day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes.
And for £500/month you would probably be able to get shared self-catering accom in Lavachet/le Lac/Val Claret, which are more central for the Espace Killy. Try http://tignes.co.uk/seasonaires.htm and ask Clare if she knows of anyone looking for peolpe to share with.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd be a bit wary of Brev for an extended period if you plan to get out in the evenings. It's not on the free bus circuit so getting up to Le Lac or Val Claret means hassle and/or expense.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
vandarle, if you are planning for a season and want to stay cheaply, les arcs area is better, well i think so anyway. You can get a self catered place in Bourg for a lot less than £500 a month. Plenty of season workers and people hanging out all season in the town and easy access to paradiski everyday 10min on the funi. Go to my facebook link below to find out more on Les Arcs. Plan peisey is an ok place to stay, but not as cheap as down the valley.

The skiing in Tignes is good, but Les Arcs is better, now that should set a few people off. But seriously, they are both great places, but I do prefer paradiski area as it has more varied terrain. Hope that helps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy