Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

look what arrived in my inbox today

Poster: A snowHead
DPS Skis wrote:
Dear DPS Customer -

Shorter days and dropping temperatures can only mean one thing - ski season is approaching. Since you pre-ordered some new DPS Skis, you're probably extra excited for the coming season.

A lot of great buzz around the Wailer 112 RP and our construction improvements translated to unprecedented demand during preorder season. While the order volume was larger than we expected we added capacity to our operations, worked long hours and we're excitedly shipping out our first batch of skis this week.

Below is a tentative schedule of when skis will ship from our facility in Oregon. We will bill the balance on your card before your skis ship.

[...]
Pure construction skis:

Shipping between today and October 20:

190 Wailer 112 RP in all colors
178 Wailer 112 RP in all colors
[...]
If you have any questions about your order or need to change shipping/billing information, please contact us via phone or email.

Best,

The DPS Crew

1 pair of these on their way very soon:

woot!!

Cool Cool Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice one. Do you want inserts in 'em? wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NNNNNoice, what spec did you get? you expecting crippling dutes to get em from US?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, i'm thinking about it still. depends whether i think putting inserts for dukes and dynafits into my wailers will be too much of a swiss cheese
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
barry, 190 pure - should be sweeet Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Git... In full Scandibomb yella too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno, be interested to hear how they go

is another benefit of they inserts that they negate any structural weakness the 'oles might ordinarily cause?? Prize for the most mounting configurations on one pair of skis?? Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barry, not sure about that. spyderjon is a bit more of a techhead than me but you have to drill bigger holes for the inserts so i can't see them being better structurally although there my be not much difference
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, coming to play in Jan to test them??? How many pairs of skis can one bloke have Wink

Interesting shape, what is the thinking behind the ski?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, quite possibly esp since horizon might be crocked!
i do need to sell some skis...

on the design, probably best to quote dps themselves:

dps wrote:
A 16m radius underfoot and great torsional stiffness allow for maximum versatility, while the rockered and tapered tips and tail allow the Wailer 112RP to get loose and be driven from the ball of the foot in deeper snow.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dear DPS Customer or Dear Investor?

Arno <3s the Banana.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, what skis do you need to sell? Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
barry wrote:
..is another benefit of they inserts that they negate any structural weakness the 'oles might ordinarily cause??

The answer must be yes for "unused" holes. But the difference would be tiny.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno, mine will only be shipped after mid-November, not sure whether to be happy or down about that. Anyway, I'm still harboring hope for skiing this season. Knee feels much better, but I'm seeing the knee doc and the physiotherapist on Monday and I'll know more.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
horizon, pm sent...

shoogly, that is the problem... i have some blizzard titan 9s that are definitely surplus to requirements. i had vaguely agreed to sell those to someone but we haven't really pushed that forward. also some 194 Dynastar XXLs which, if i am honest with myself, are probably a bit much for me most of the time so would consider offers for those

parlor, flights are booked for xmas/new year so you can check out my bananas then if you like wink
snow report
Looks like a lolly stick. And WTF supernatural? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Mine are coming in the last batch too, horizon. Wailer 105 (flex 2), in yellow, of course.

Planning a little pre-season trip to CHX for some Dynafit kit to go with my new toys snowHead
snow report
Arno, if you need me to break them in for you I'll give you my postal address Wink
latest report
Arno, don't you have Dukes on your XXLs? If so, would you consider selling selling them mounted?
snow report
Patch, i would if the price is right Wink
ski holidays
Arno, So have they turned up in your postbox yet?
snow conditions
Megamum, no - they have to come all the way from Oregon...
don't worry, i will post pics and Horizon will be around to "dry hump" them apparently Confused
ski holidays
Quote:

190 pure - should be sweeet

OMG stop it you're just teasing me!
snow report
Arno, would you sell the dukes seperately?
latest report
Arno, you should have them shipped to me to save duty...
snow conditions
parlor, i can't decide whether that would be a good or terribly naive idea! Wink

when are you back in Van after your sailing?
snow report
Arriving back on 28th December this year. Hope that still leaves us a few days to ski?
snow conditions
parlor, i'm around til Jan 8th. will probably be doing family/christmas stuff until 27ish anyway although now my nieces are into skiing, i can combine the two and even get brownie points... downside is getting pwned at skiing by an 8 yr old girl rolling eyes

shoogly, don't think i'd want to split the XXLs/Dukes unless I had a definite buyer for the skis.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
UPDATE: so they turned up a few weeks ago:

very sexy Madeye-Smiley

got them mounted up with inserts and dukes and finally got to ride them this weekend. 3 days in Andermatt provided perfect testing conditions for this ski - we had pretty much every snow condition except spring snow and slush. i am in love. i almost feel a bit guilty that they make skiing too easy...
snow report
I do like their simplicity, as you say very sexy.
ski holidays
real purdy,

how did the inserts go? steady hand and dry pants required for those beauties I reckon!

which way does the flex rating go again? yours is flex 2 - how'd you find it?
snow conditions
mmmmmm
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
spyderjon, i'm thinking about it still. depends whether i think putting inserts for dukes and dynafits into my wailers will be too much of a swiss cheese
Probably too late, but sounds like you should just get DynaDuke plates?

Lovely stuff! I suppose you had to pay UK VAT to get them through customs?
ski holidays
This is SO not fair. No sign of my Wailer 105s and DPS have stopped talking to me! Talk about rubbing it in ....
snow report
zammo, sorry to hear that - i'm sure they'll be worth it when they do arrive. DPS always seem to run behind on delivery which is a pity because it detracts from what is otherwise (IMO) a great product

Vorda, i went with inserts and it looks fine. i don't really like the look of plates because they add stack height and dukes are high enough as it is for me and weight

barry, i let spyderjon do the inserts. i would just about be happy doing a normal mount but inserts add a level of complexity. the 112s only come in flex 2 but flex 3 is the stiffest. i have always had fairly stiff skis (legend pros etc) but wanted something a bit easier to ski. flex 2 is good for that
latest report
Arno, I am now almost wishing I'd gone with the 112s now - they look fantastic, I have to say, and they've already shipped! Still, I'm sure I'll love the Wailers if they ever get here.
ski holidays
First dibs for when you inevitably sell them on after two seasons in order to buy whatever next is new/shiny/coveted on TGR Smile
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob, ha ha! i would say these are definitely keepers if i hadn't already seen rumours of a DPS "concept ski" whatever that is... rolling eyes
ski holidays
Something along the lines of the Praxis Concept maybe? I can't get my head around the dims of that one though...
snow conditions
barry wrote:
........how did the inserts go? steady hand and dry pants required for those beauties I reckon!......

Nah, I just whacked 'em in any ol' how - cheap skis should be treated with contempt! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy