Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

smith replacement lens help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
after a long search for a new helmet have finally decided on a smith vantage ad , and now would like to invest in some new goggles with maybe three interchangable lens to cover for most light conditions. i think it would make sense to go with smith as a make, so as to get a good fit with the helmet, but as to a model, the choice is bewildering, so any experiences of how easy it to change the lens etc and which three would give a good range of cover Puzzled

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 25-09-10 19:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a big head and I love my I/0. They also fit my Smith Variant helmet perfectly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The I/O series is the easiest to change the lenses, I believe they make an I/O and an I/Os (s=smaller).

Otherwise switching lenses isn't exactly hard but it's more of a pain than you think: you then run the risk of never being satisfied either, should I try to other lens etc. Eventually you end up leaving the same lens in all the time until you buy another set of frames and just have two pairs of goggles.

I used to do that with Electic EG1s - I had one pair with two lenses. Ended up with two frames and four lenses. Until I found the new EG1s (s=spherical) with a newer lens and have discovered it works in all but the most extreme conditions - in which case I just use the original EG1
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor, having just sold three pairs of hardley used goggles , and i have kept my oakleys which are brilliant on a bluebird day,i know what you mean , what lens do you use ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used to use Oakley A Frames and had no complaints. I switched to the I/O mostly for fit but agree that the ease of changing lenses is useful (mine came with two lenses that work very well). I found changing the A Frames a pain so I never did it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ludwigk,thanks just ordered the I/Os with ignitor and sensor lens Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I also got the Smith I/OS two weeks ago....can't wait to try them out. The Sensor lens is supposed to be very good in flat light conditions so now I am looking forward to some not so nice days! wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ok, have got the goggles sorted, with a sensor mirror lens 70%(flat light) and a ignitor mirror lens 35% (universal lens) , but would really like a full set so i am after a sol x mirror lens , but cant seem to find a uk supplier of replacement smith lens, anyone know where i might look Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have some smiths with ignitor mirror lenses. i do own other lenses but haven't used them since i got the ignitor mirrors

so.. maybe hold off until you are really sure you need them. i wear goggles all the time fwiw
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where can I find details about the lenses for smith I/0... their website only states the VLT figure. I would like to have more guidance for when to use different lenses.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the 2 included lenses not being sufficient. That's the whole idea of the I/O....one lens for bad/flat light conditions and one lens for sunny conditions. Once the lenses get scratched and need replacing then you can think about other options and, this being Smith, there is a large range to choose from. There are some sellers on eBay btw.

However you should check that the strap of your I/O is long enough to go with your helmet. I found mine is not and that I need to get the little extension bit, Smith call it "the helmet helper". I actually have one of those for my previous goggles, Smith Anthems, but annoyingly it is not compatible with the I/Os and I need to get another one. They should really include one of these in the box or just make the strap a bit longer.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Neilski wrote:
ok, have got the goggles sorted, with a sensor mirror lens 70%(flat light) and a ignitor mirror lens 35% (universal lens) , but would really like a full set so i am after a sol x mirror lens , but cant seem to find a uk supplier of replacement smith lens, anyone know where i might look Puzzled

IOS - http://www.vision3k.com/brands/smith-optics-ski-goggles/i-os.asp

IO - http://www.vision3k.com/brands/smith-optics-ski-goggles/i-o.asp

Had my heart set on getting some Adidas ID2's for sooooo long, but considering the 2011 model of the IOS now. Sounds like a new thread opportunity.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
c0Ka|Ne, thanks for the link, didnt come up in any goggle searches done before , but have got what i want and cheaper too Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Strange that, it neevr appeared in my searches then after a bit of tweaking it just popped up one day. But You're welcome.

Where did you get your IO goggle/lenses from in the end?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
c0Ka|Ne, bought from bargin boards in first place, then had to wait as they were not in stock , so cancelled and reordered from link above , with me on friday, but the spare lens seem to be a problem for all uk suppliers , so still searching
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy