Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Took spotty and snotty up to Zermatt for a couple of days R&R and treated ourselves to a night in the Riffelalp resort....

There's even a tram from the train stop!

Logan's first view of the Matterhorn

The Riffelalp is a pretty smart place if pricey! Where are you sleeping mummy?

Went for an afternoon hike up to the incredibly picturesque Grindijsee

Beeeeeargh

Too cool for skool...

Late lunch at chez Vrony- Yummmm!

I'm teething honest!

This is the life!

The Matterhorn at dawn

The Schwarztor glacier - a great ski descent in winter

The path from Rotenboden down to the Monte Rosa hut, sitting under the Dufourspitze

The Space Age new hut

On crunchy ice looking up to Switzerland's highest peak

Happy days

We love Zermatt in winter and it's just as nice in the Summer. It doesn't get much better than knocking back a few beers at Chez Vrony in the afternoon sunshine!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BobinCH, I nominate your photo of the late lunch at Chez Vrony for this year's Snowheads Calendar! Cool . You have to submit it! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BobinCH, ohh-h-h-h. Gorgeousissimo!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What a great set of photos you have there. That pic of the lunch menu and the food with the Matterhorn in the background is simply amazing. Just out of interest what do you do for a living to be out there? Also make good use of the weather whilst it lasts, here is the snow report for the next 6 days, better get those skis out for a few early turns i think!!! http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Zermatt/6day/top
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BobinCH, so jealous last time we were at chez vrony for lunch it was -15 with no viz, and people telling me what a shame cos the view from the balcony is fab on a clear day, many thanks for showing me what i was missing. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Amazing photos. I was going to say that "your wee man is a cutey" but it somehow sounded very wrong Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NSB1977, Laughing Laughing But indeed you're right!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BobinCH, logan has such a cheeky smile in "too cool for school"! fantastic pics once again. i can't decide which is my favourite.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair Pink wrote:
BobinCH, I nominate your photo of the late lunch at Chez Vrony for this year's Snowheads Calendar! Cool .

Absolutely! Fantastic picture, amongst a lovely set of photos. Looks like you had a smashing time Very Happy

NSB1977 Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fantastic, thanks for posting.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Top photos...jealous,jealous,jealous....
I will probably be in Zermatt first week of the season,it looks great.
Love the pic of the nipper knocking one back,it looks like you had a crackin time there.
I havnt been to Zermatt,but the Matterhorn looks stunning.
Roll on 12th Dec....Im off!!!
Great post-Thanks. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Off to Zermatt in Feb Bobin CH. What run/lift is Chez Vrony on? My wife has made me promise to take her there. Great Photos! Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK. Which one is spotty and which one is snotty? wink
snow conditions
Awesome stuff. Best ski resort on Earth.

Waaaaah I wanna go back!
ski holidays
Mr Technique, i think im going to have to go here this year. Looks amazing. Im doing 2, 4 day trips instead of a long week. So im thinking off to Alpe D Huez in Feb, not in half term, and then Zermatt in march time. Would this be a good time to head out there? If not when would you recommend?
ski holidays
BobinCH,

First class pics. I feel relaxed, just looking at them!!
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, I went at New Year and 100% of the area was open.

Probably by March there'll be even more.
snow report
Wow BobinCH, those are amazing photos. I've been wanting to get to Zermatt for ages, now even keener and would equally like to go in summer, that scenery is amazing!
snow conditions
Zermatt it is then!!! Will go alpe d huez first as it's got south facing slopes and the snow goes a bit crappy late on it the season. Then head to Zermatt in march time. I remember about 2 years ago on the last week of lifts open. Zermatt hot about 150cm of snow!!!
latest report
twoodwar wrote:
Off to Zermatt in Feb Bobin CH. What run/lift is Chez Vrony on? My wife has made me promise to take her there. Great Photos! Very Happy

Take the Sunnegga funicular from Zermatt and ski down the valley towards Findeln. You must book as it's always very busy.

While you're there I would also recommend the Zum See restaurant, which is just off the run from Furi back to Zermatt. Again booking is essential but lunch here is exceptional and on a nice sunny day they lay out tables in the farmyard which surrounds the restaurant.

It's also worth stopping off here for an apres drink, and don't miss the Mille Feuille, which they bring out from the kitchen on long planks of wood. Heaven. Madeye-Smiley If you still have the energy, you can stop off on the run from Zum See at the Henustall bar, which you can't miss as it's right next to the piste on the run back to Zermatt and has loud music to guide you there. Enjoy.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 2-10-10 13:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Mr Technique, Laughing Laughing
snow report
geepee, you have just described three out of the four top delights of Zermatt. The fourth is a certain mountain. Very Happy
latest report
Hurtle, The mountain goes without saying, the view from Chez Vrony along the valley on a sunny day whilst dining on the terrace is a memory that never fades.

My son always insists on a lunch visit to the Zum See, so I have to humour him. Little Angel

I want to go back there. I'm with Mr Technique, it's a fantastic resort. I once followed some brit skiers on a run which involves a little walk uphill and they were complaining at what an awful resort this was, due to the linking of the lifts. My thoughts at the time were "Well p*ss off then to a purpose built resort and leave this to us". Twisted Evil

This has got me thinking, what about a snowHead trip there some time. Cool
ski holidays
geepee, Very Happy
ski holidays
Geepee, cheers for the directions. Cannot wait to get there. Smile
ski holidays
BobinCH, absolutely fantastic photos. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
twoodwar, My first visit to Zermatt was during the summer on a trip to the Italian Lakes and we did a day trip in June. It was before I started skiing but I was fascinated by people going up the lift with skis in summer.

When I started skiing it was always one of the places I had as a must do. It can be expensive but there are ways of getting a cheaper deal. The North Wall bar do cheap pizzas and beer for instance.

One other piece of advice, when I went the first time we had a full lift pass covering Cervinia, but in reality we couldn't get over there much due to high winds which shut the top lifts which access Cervinia. You can get a daily upgrade to the pass if want to go over to Cervinia and as there is so much skiing in Zermatt, I would go for the Zermatt lift pass.
latest report
BobinCH, This thread has been slightly hijacked with a bit of a Zermatt love-in, but they are wonderful photos, thanks for sharing them with us. Cool snowHead
latest report
geepee wrote:

This has got me thinking, what about a snowHead trip there some time. Cool

Excellent idea, although I agree with your comment on this thread - no big bangs please, we're British! Toofy Grin

Hopefully admin could work his magic on sorting out a good deal, although with the current poor exchange rate against the CHF it might have to be another year or two until the rate (hopefully) improves. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I would be up for a trip to Zermatt with people on here. I would want to go in march time, not school holidays though.
snow report
geepee, my pleasure. I second your suggestion of Zum See and Hennustall. Also a fan of Chalet Etoile on the Cervinia side.

For a resort with probably the best mountain restaurants anywhere I've not had great luck with the ones in town. We're going back for a weekend in December. Any suggestions?

Ricklovesthepowder, don't rule out mid or late April. You can probably get a better deal on accommodation and it's perfect for long sunny lunches at the great mountain restaurants.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Since nobody's mentioned it, the Fluhalp is also great.

BobinCH, Olympia Stuebli? Bit of a trek up from the village, you could always just stay on apres the apres. wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy