Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania - Summer season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

Quick Q here... Looking at a 1 bed apartment in la Tania... I know all about the place come winter, but what is this place like in teh summer... It it a ghost town??/ Does much go on down there?

Cheers all for any info you can provide...

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A bit tumbleweed.

If you're looking for summer season in the French Alps you need to think about Morzine, Chamonix, Serre Chevalier, 2Alpes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard wrote:
A bit tumbleweed.

If you're looking for summer season in the French Alps you need to think about Morzine, Chamonix, Serre Chevalier, 2Alpes.

It can't be that bad, check the diary for events...

http://www.latania.co.uk/about/diary.htm

Jul 03 - Lifts open for Summer (La Tania Gondola Sun, Tue & Thu. Verdons & Vizelle daily except Sat)
Jul 03 to 04 - Les 3 Vallées Tout Terrain, Mountain Bike Competitions
Jul 10 - Kids Week
Jul 10 to 11 - Teen Games, 1850
Jul 14 - Fireworks and Party, Bastille Day
Jul 18 - Horse Festival, Le Praz
Jul 22 - Ice Skating Gala, 1850
Jul 24 - Environment Week: Mountain hikes/ bike routes check points & games plus films & lectures.
Jul 24 to 25 - La Madelon Fair, Le Praz
Jul 28 - Forest Contest

Jul 31 to Aug 01 - European Summer Ski Jumping Cup, Le Praz Ski Jump

Aug 01 - Well-Being Week: Massages, spa trips, aqua gym, fitness courses and special therapies
Aug 05 - Bouc Blanc Race: Running race up to the Bouc Blanc restaurant
Aug 06 - Bring Your Sisters live at The Ski Lodge (after Fish n Chips or course)
Aug 07 - Dame des Neiges Fair, 1650
Aug 07 - Courchevel Pedestrain Race, Le Praz. Race UP the ski jump too!
Aug 08 - Wood Week
Aug 08 - Courchevel X-Trail Mountain Marathon
Aug 12 - Ice Skating Gala, 1850
Aug 14 - Summer Ski Jumping World Cup, Le Praz Ski Jump
Aug 14 - Bring Your Sisters live at The Ski Lodge - The Summer Reunion Bash
Aug 15 - Fête des Bûcherons, The Lumberjack Championships
Aug 15 - Les Tovets Fair, 1850
Aug 21 - Courchevel 1550 Fair
Aug 25 to 29 - International Junior Ice Skating Grand Prix, 1850
Aug 27 - Lifts close for Summer
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi buddy

Was not particularly looking for a summer season, but likewise dont want to buy somewhere where it is 'just' winter... would like to think if I wanted to go there for several days there would still be people milling around and maybe stuff to do... I know the 3 valleys is not well known for its summer season...

Thx.. shame as the place looked lovely...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, Alpe d'Huez boasts such a programme of events, but is nonetheless a tad tumbleweedy. Not many businesses open, few visitors, not a lot of atmosphere. Takes a lot of effort to get a summer season going. I think 2Alpes is probably the only one of the high-altitude/purpose-built resorts to have done it (and it has the advantage of summer glacier skiing) - the others are mainly 'real town' valley locations.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I notice that pretty much all that happens in Couchevel or Le Praz though... Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spent a couple of weeks in Les Arcs this summer. Was surprised by how much was going on in Arc 1600 and especially in Arc 1800. Lots of people around, plenty of activities for kids, it has a golf course, is a major mountain bike centre, big outdoor pool, lots of walking, big classical music festival in July, has all the whitewater stuff down in Bourg St Maurice, summer skiing an hour up the valley in Tignes, easy day trips to Annecy, Chamonix, Geneva, etc. Definitely a 2 season destination.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AlpineAddict, and I can vouch for their tumbleweedness, having spent a summer in Courchevel.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Out of interest... anyone know what one might expect in rental terms for a (very nice) 1 bed apartment in the Grand Bois block... No idea how much 1 beds go for tbh

Thx
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, just looking at your www... what are your prices on your apartment mate... out of interest for the coming season... Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AlpineAddict, ranges from £495 (pre-Christmas week and last week of season) to £945 (half-term). Average cost across the season is £765 per week, which includes linen, cleaning, underground parking and free wifi.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AlpineAddict, just to add to Rob's report of his side of the Les Arcs Massive:

Arc1950 averaged over 1000 visitors a week this summer, with about 2000 most weeks in August. The village association spent signficant sums (I know, I signed a lot of the cheques...) on providing high-level sports coaching from top French atheletes, family events, kiddies entertainment, walks, talks and a variety of divertissements, all inclusive.
Most non ski-specific shops were open - albeit the restaurants have been taking it in turns - however the numbers this year may well encrouage more to open for next summer.

The one downside is that it is only open for 8 or 9 weeks, and generally doesn't include the UK August bank holiday week - but not sure if there is anything we can do about that on our own, it seems to be a domain decision on lift opening times.

And as well as the immediate local attractions and the beautiful mountains (hiking, biking specifically catered for) you also have access to everything in 16 and 1800, as well as BsM itself.

Our village is becoming a proper 2 season resort, and intends to continue investing in making it even better. Many of the owners are now realising the benefits and spend quite a few summer weeks out there. Whilst it might have been tumbleweed 5 years ago, it certainly isn't now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy