Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Desperate for accom 27/12 flying to Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We booked a hotel many months ago in Seefeld. It was extremely difficult to find somethere on the 27/12 as changover is generally 25/12 or 26/12. We have just been notified that the hotel is changing hands and they are cancelling all bookings. I'm trying to find somewhere else in Seefeld (Tourist Board and current hotel owners are looking) but am not optimistic. I've tried holiday-rentals for Seefeld but no joy yet.

Does anyone have ideas? Is there anywhere else within reasonable distance of Innsbruck that is large anough to have some apartments perhaps that might be available?

There's 3 of us (2 adults and 1 child aged 15). My son and I are intrmediate skiers and are fairly happy with limited ski area. My wife is no skier so we need a pool or a public one nearby (hence Seefeld). Budget is around £1000 for self catering, £1500 ish for half board.

Many thanks, Pete
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PeteMan, Bummer Sad

These appear to be available from 27/12, but you can't really tell for sure until you contact the owners http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/austrian-alps-salzburgerland/adate1.4013/adate2.4020/

Hope it's of some help - good luck
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PeteMan, there are a number of ski resorts and areas within easy reach of Innsbruck which could also be suitable. How long a transfer are you willing to do - within 1 or 2 hours? You might still find accommodation in the Stubai (Neustift or one of the smaller villages) and Zillertal (Fügen, Mayrhofen etc.) valleys. Axamer Lizum is another small ski area nearby.

I've regularly used this site http://www.tiscover.at to find accommodation.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PeteMan, Have you looked on www.tiscover.com ?

Edit: oops Embarassed - didn't spot the link in Juliad's post above.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 23-09-10 13:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As juliad, plus also consider staying in Innsbruck itself and make use of the free ski buses to the local resorts including Kuhtai/Stubai a bit further out, all on the same lift pass. Natters/Mutters/Petchasomething/Nordpark also around within 15 minutes by taxi. Check the train route from Inns towards Zurich - it goes through St Anton which is a bit over an hour away
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PeteMan, very bad luck. Sad That's hardly a good way for new owners to start building up customer goodwill, is it? Hope you find somewhere soon.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PeteMan, from a very friendly snowhead
THE XMAS SPECIAL!

Situated in the heart of Ski Amade, just 40min from Salzburg airport, Haus Susanne is a great place to enjoy your winter holiday!

For the Xmas Week 2010 we are offering our guests a fantastic deal! Our whole chalet for the exclusive use of your group for the same price as an off-peak stay!....

• Exclusive use of Haus Susanne for entire group for up to 13 people
• 7 nights bed and breakfast
• Afternoon tea and cakes and Gluhwein and Schnapps
• 6 nights 2 course evening meals served with lots of wine!
• Free Sauna facilities
• Use of playroom and log cabin
• Assistance to get started (ski schools, pass purchase, ski hire etc)
• Bar Facilities
• At least 1 day social skiing with your hosts
• Discounted equipment hire from Sport 2000 in Altenmarkt
• Party night in our log cabin

All of this for only €3849 That is under €299 per person!!

This deal is only available to our email subscribers. More deals are to follow!
Should you wish not to receive any updates from us at http://www.austrian-adventures.com/haussusanne.htm please reply to this email and let us know.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anniepen wrote:
PeteMan, Bummer Sad

These appear to be available from 27/12, but you can't really tell for sure until you contact the owners http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/austrian-alps-salzburgerland/adate1.4013/adate2.4020/

They look nice but 2.5 hrs from Innsbruck Confused .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PeteMan, there were some listed for the Tirol. Alternatively you could try the Tourist Office in Innsbruck itself. There are loads of hotels there and it would meet your non-skiers needs admirably. Local transport to the slopes all around the place. As it is Christmas /New Year you may have little choice in the actual resorts as the Austrian and Germans who take their family holidays at this time are probably already in the best hotels. They are often regulars and get preferential booking over one-offs. Once you have the designation "Stammgast" (regular visitor = 3 or 4+ visits to the same place), it is amazing how smoothly things all go. I even get a 3% reduction in the price in my regular hotel.

To be honest nice though Seefeld is, you would probably have got bored as skiers after a couple of days. The weekends there are horrendous as people come from all over for a day's skiing, especially at the beginning of the season and over the bank holidays. I've done a few day trips there myself and hated the queuing for every lift, especially at the Roßkopf side. The funicular is really the only way up to the top lifts and is a notorious bottle-neck on busy days.

Good luck
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PeteMan wrote:
Anniepen wrote:
PeteMan, Bummer Sad

They look nice but 2.5 hrs from Innsbruck Confused .

I didn't check them for distances - I really don't know Austria in any detail - just offered as a potential and to show that there are still some options around Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for everyones help. The Seefeld tourist office sent a handful of offers and also notified local hotels who have also sent more offers. In the mean time I had tried www.tiscover.at that yielded the Hotel Austria in Niederau. Skiing is again limited and not as snow sure as Seefeld but the hotel has good tripadvisor reviews, virtually ski in/out and has a pool.

Thanks again, Pete
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PeteMan, absolutely right the Austria is right in the middle of the little village and just a few strides to the bottom of the gondola. Just along the road from the Austria is the Simmerlwirt, we stayed there for a couple of nights last March (the Austria was full) and found it very comfortable and also has a pool. The Alpenland (owned by brother of the owner of the Simmerlwirt) is opposite and right on the slope, bit more expensive.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy