Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Q for Beanie1

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having already completed the coaching level 1 before the introduction of 20hrs experience do I have to complete the 20 hours work experience prior to attending the L2 coaching?

Thankyou Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
R555MAC, I will double check with the office for you.

I'm off on hols to China today, so it may take me slightly longer than usual to get back to you with the answer, depending on internet access!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haha okay then. Theres no need to bother, I can just ring the office, Im not in a mad rush to know anyways I was just wondering before the next set of course dates come up and I book. Ill give them a ring, you should just enjoy your holiday!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
R555MAC, I spoke with Diane. The coaching pathway is currently in the process of being revamped, and she said when the new courses come in they will require 20 hrs experience before you do L2. The courses currently on the website do not require 20 hrs, however I believe they are all currently full. You could see if they have a waiting list?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1,

I have been speaking to a guy this morning who has a dutch ISIA qualification. He has been granted a Levere du Formation(?) by the French without requiring 'Test Technique'

Why do the brits require 'Test Technique' when the dutch do not, for the same ISIA qualification,?

I think a few people on snowheads would be interested in an answer.

Cheers
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward, I will ask
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
getting a Levere du formation is the first step test tech is after, only once you register and get a levere du formation can you apply for a ski school, test technique, eurotest ect

As i remember.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
beanie1 wrote:
stewart woodward, I will ask

Any answer ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward, not yet, have followed up.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stewart woodward,

Apologies for the delay, the person I need to speak with is currently out of the office.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beanie1 wrote:
stewart woodward,

Apologies for the delay, the person I need to speak with is currently out of the office.

No problems.
It dosen't concern me personally but might help some of my friends if they can work with their ISIA but without the Test Technique.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beanie1 wrote:
stewart woodward,

Has the person returned yet?

Another question;

Why does a Levere de Formation only last 4/5 seasons? I know extensions may be granted for injury, pregnancy etc. If someone is seriously trying to complete their exams what stops the levere being extended further?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stewart woodward, yes he has, but he's asked the question of Marc Vernier.

I'll also ask your other question.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward,

Quote:

I have been speaking to a guy this morning who has a dutch ISIA qualification. He has been granted a Levere du Formation(?) by the French without requiring 'Test Technique'

Why do the brits require 'Test Technique' when the dutch do not, for the same ISIA qualification,?

The reality is that this is true- someone from Holland who has Dutch qualification of Ski Teacher A can enter into the French system as a stagiaire without having to do the Test Technique. This has nothing to do with the idea that they are issued the ISIA as the French don’t recognise this standard anyway for their equivalence matrix.

For British citizens it used to be that the if they held the old BASI Grade 2 they also would be able to enter the system without having to do the Test Technique, however this was rescinded in 2005 with the discussions that were happening around that time.

Why the above is the case we cannot say, as it is the domain of the French authorities and BASI is in constant negotiation with its French counterparts to establish improved opportunities for BASI members to work in France. Your question has certainly brought this issue to the forefront.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beanie1,

Many thanks for confirming what i understood to be the case.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy