Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carry on Bag - Burton Flight Deck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I saw this bag in a local shop and was really impressed with it - solid bag and has had some good thought put in to the design.

http://www.burton.com/mens-bags-luggage-travel-bags-wheelie-flight-deck/236392,default,pd.html?start=&cgid=womens-bags-luggage-travel-bags

Obviously the name is 'Flight Deck' and u should be able to use it as carry on, but it looks like a pretty big bag and the measurements are slightly bigger than most airlines allow.

Has anyone owned or heard any stories about this bag? I dont want to pay that much money for a bag then get to the airport and find out im going to get charged for having to check it in because its too big.

Also on the subject is there any other bags like this that would you would recommend?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Actually looking at the bag - it looks heavy. No weight listed, but suspect that you'll burn a quarter of your carry-on allowance in luggage, only alloed 10kg carry-on on Ryanair for example. Recounting what I saw last time I flew Ryanair, anyone with a wheelie bag carry-on was being stopped at the gate and weighed and measured and anyone over allowance one way or another was therefrore stung £30 or so at the gate, no cash no fly - people jettisoning posessions all over the place - while i with my backpack which probably was a little overweight and a little outsized walked through unchallenged. They were only pouncing on wheelies, nobody else, and they were doing it at both airports i flew from - suspect an Ryanair cashcow directive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
smclean0, I wouldn't risk it if it too big for BA or Easyjet. You probably need to compare the dimensions to the maximum allowed on the airlines you most often use. The dimensions will be on their websites. I use a small wheely suitcase as hand luggage. can't remember the name but I went armed with a tape measure & the list of max dimensions and bought a case that fit - it looks simllar to the one in the link but less garish wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
$220 Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have one from a few years back. Only used it 2 or 3 times including easyjet a couple of years ago. Let me know if you are interested in buying it as I dont use it enough to justify keeping it. It is in excellent condition. Its mostly black in colour. If you or anyone is interested I can take photos / measurements.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon wrote:
$220 Shocked

indeed! I think mine was about £60 max - I've used it lots, including on my eurostar day trip to carry my boots in, perfect size
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I brought a fat face carry on bag from their outlet shop at Biscester last year. I think it was only £25 and is actually pretty good quality. Much better than the high street/tesco type one that we had before. It's done about 5-6 trips so far and is holding up ok. It's also not to heavy in comparison to some I looked at, so bad luck Ryanair.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy