Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Non Smoking Hotels in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am I right in believing that there are no non smoking hotels in Austrian ski resorts ? I have never been skiing before & I am still trying to decide on a resort . Neither myself nor my husband smoke , in fact my husband is totally anti-smoking . I am a bit worried I won't be able to persuade him to go skiing if all the hotels smell of smoke. I have read some hotel reviews & most of the negative comments are about the smell of smoke in them.

Can anyone recommend a nice non-smoking hotel in Austria?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sno125patrol, Hotel Post in St Anton goes non smoking this year. Few of the lads stay there every year and love it - great location/food etc. Expensive though. Not 100% up on the new laws affecting Austria as I believe they've been dragged kicking and screaming into the non smoking environment. There are other posts on here that cover the new laws in greater detail.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sno125patrol, know just what you mean. We stayed at the Simmerlwirt in Niederau earlier this year and the bar there was a smoking area and it really hit you when you went in. There was no smoking in the dining room and lounge area though and we ended up having a drink in the lounge. Its ok if there are other places to go. I can't say that I noticed it particularly in other bars, but we were not in many of them and it was quite quiet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is getting more and more uncommon for smoking to be allowed in rooms throughout the country. Some of the massive hotels in Vienna (7 floors) may allow smoking on a particular floor.

The smoking laws have changed here although the purposely remain very cloudy (possible due to the huge puffs of smoke coming from most of the bars)...
Are you thinking of booking on your own or through a TO? You could always just phone up or email a few hotels. We have to declare if we a re smoking or non smoking in the local tourist brochure so I expect the town's tourist offices (TVB) will know too.

We only allow smoking outside....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

Do you mind if I smoke? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
S,okomg seems to be becoming less common in the hotels every year in my experience.

I am a non-smoker and have not found it an issue in the hotels the last few years.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sno125patrol, the vast majority of good hotels are no smoking in the rooms, restaurants and lounge areas. You only need to ask the Tourist Office. I stay in several in and around Sportworld amade and they are all no smoking, except in the bar area. you do not have to drink in the bar, you can have drinks bought to you in the lounge areas. I'm happy with that as smokers need somewhere too, remember - they are a dying breed Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue, I agree with this - what really hits you nowadays when you go into the bar, if that is where smoking is allowed, is the 'wall of smoke' but apart from that, and it usually seems quite self-contained, then the rest of the hotel areas are fine.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy