Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thermosoles feet warmers - anybody tried them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know there's another boot warmer thread but i don't want to hijack the discussion on boot fit.
Has anyone bought and used these boot warmers. They have the battery inside the sole therefore no awkward battery pack on your boots. they appear to 'sense' your foot temperature and keep a steady temperature.
Do they work? Any draw backs?
http://www.thermosoles.eu/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
one snag might be that they are just flat rubbery things - OK if you don't have specially made insoles, which lots of people do. They look quite thick.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
12mm thick at the back - thats one thick sole if you have had your boots properly fitted
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My boots are just 'off the peg' My 1st pair were from a jumble sale and felt like slippers (2 sizes too big), these are a better fit, not tight but were measured to be the right size. Apart from cold feet at -20c they feel fine. So flat insoles may be o.k
My husband works in battery industry and reckons the lithium polymer batteries will be fine. I just wanted an honest review from someone who had actually used these insoles. The reviews on the company web site are obviously going to be good. The other thing is they do 2 types now - a '3D' style specially for sports which may or may not be better.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They do look like a promising idea but not sure how robust the chip inside would be.

Anyway, this excerpt from their website made me laugh............

"A study by Ronald Eccles of the Cardiff University in Wales now scientifically proves the relation between cold feet and a cold: He divided 180 healthy students into two groups. The one half had to spend 20 minutes barefoot in a bowel Shocked with water at a temperature of 10°Celsius. The other half of students stood in an empty bucket with shoes on (control group)......"

(Sorry, I'm at work and bored!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think I've gone off the idea of 'thermsoles'. After experimenting with 12mm thick bits of card in my boots, I tend to agree with earlier post in thinking I couldn't get my feet in my boots with the insoles in.
I'm now looking at 'Blazewear' soles but can't find out much about them other than they are u.k based.
but thanks for input so far.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Slightly irrelevent but the Blazewear heated gloves seem to work reasonably well. Obviously I don't know how this would equate in the heated foot soles, but they were certainly reasonably priced in comparision to what you can pay for heated ski wear things. Most boots can be modified to take the Thermic battery packs which I know people have found to be very good.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I dont think it can work for a long time.... as the battery is straight under the sole foot bed. design is good.

free and even hidden foot warmer...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski goddess, although a little more expensive look at thermic or hot tronic soles, they can be fitted to a custom or off the shelf footbed or you can get then in a thin flat insole form, the batteries go on the back or side of the boot and last between 4-18 hours depending on model and heat setting you use them on
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy