Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski in ski out options for Tignes, Meribel, Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Which of the following resorts have best ski in ski out options, Tignes, Meribel, Avoriaz. We also want to rent apartment for 3 persons for under €800.00 per week (within a 10 min walk to ski lift and convenient for lessons) in late feb early march. Any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure out of Tignes and Avoriaz, but would think Meribel has least "ski in/out" (and is of course quite a lot lower).

Our place is in a very small French resort (much less well known than those you've listed) but almost all accommodation is already let, at prices a bit higher than your budget, because it's French school holidays - last week in February is the Paris holidays, worst of the lot, first week in March would be very little better. Second week of March you'd find a lot more within your budget, and the slopes will be quieter. If you are stuck with the end of February or first week in March, you might be better off looking somewhere like Austria or Italy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed in the p&v apts up on the high part of Avoriaz last march for well inside your budget. Fully ski in/out and recently refurbished. Worth a look, I'd recommend it. Without doubt the best "room with a view" ever too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ishay wrote:
We stayed in the p&v apts up on the high part of Avoriaz last march for well inside your budget. Fully ski in/out and recently refurbished. Worth a look, I'd recommend it. Without doubt the best "room with a view" ever too.

Do you remember the name of the apartments, was it Maeva Avoriaz Antares Residence?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
Not sure out of Tignes and Avoriaz, but would think Meribel has least "ski in/out" (and is of course quite a lot lower).

Our place is in a very small French resort (much less well known than those you've listed) but almost all accommodation is already let, at prices a bit higher than your budget, because it's French school holidays - last week in February is the Paris holidays, worst of the lot, first week in March would be very little better. Second week of March you'd find a lot more within your budget, and the slopes will be quieter. If you are stuck with the end of February or first week in March, you might be better off looking somewhere like Austria or Italy.

Thanks for the advise about the school holidays, I think we wait until mid march.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tignes (Val Claret) very good for ski in/out as I recall.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
puravida, yes that's the one. The rooms are typically small for a french apt, but functional, clean and modern
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
puravida, Every place in Avoriaz is ski in ski out! We stayed in a place in Tignes (Le Lavachet) which was ski out but you had to walk across and down a road to get in! Stayed in a fantastic place in Meribel a couple of years ago up at Rond Point and that was virtualy ski in ski out! But any place you choose in Avoriaz will at least satisfy that requirment for you! We are going to be in Avoriaz on the 12th March, this is the first week after the last of the French half term holidays! Between Feb 12th and Mar 12th the place will be busy!

Hard luck on Sunday, WTF were they wearing? Was that the ploy to beat Cork? wink

Welcome to snowHead s
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's the view from the balcony, that's all the way down to Morzine on the right han side

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Avoriaz is completely ski in ski out, designed from the ground up to be.

I think the high part the earlier poster was referring to is the Falaise area, there are a few old but recently refurbed blocks up there, such as Malinka, Elinka etc, which are a split of P&V and Maeva (which I think is actually still P&V, just a diffrent brand for differentiation)

Also you now have the new posh blocks in the Amara area with some nice new restaurents.

We have an apartment in Malinka, great views, good size, and the advantage of hte Falaise, is its a very short walk from the Drop of point when you arrive, you can drop down proclou and then are one lift from the plateau and the rest of resort and its pretty easy to walk up to the plateau from there for lessons if anyone in your party is doing that (5-10 min walk depending on your speed)

Its not as high as Tignes, but the snow is usually good there till early April, and given this years bumper dumps, I am very hopeful for my holiday on the 23rd March.

g
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy