Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go Learn to Tune Your Skis...

Poster: A snowHead
Spent a very, very enjoyable afternoon with spyderjon yesterday doing his ski tuning course. In hindsight it is extraordinary how many buy skis and then let shops grind them to death. The pair we brought up to practice on were last serviced in a French ski shop and they were at a .05 degree angle. No wonder the wife was useless on them (have to say that!). After servicing them as part of the lesson, a pair that were going on e-bay ain't! They look way to good.

Its simple if you have invested in your own skis, then invest the time in learning how to service them. Thanks Jon Cool Cool

You will also learn a new and very important word 'grippy'

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have to concur with thefatcontroller, I spent a great half day with spyderjon, back on the first of May, my Skis had only "done" one week but by the time I left they were in far better shape than when they left the factory. I also left with the ability to try and keep them that way. A far better option than throwing them into a shop for a grind I feel.

BTW the tea and bicuits were equally good

Thanks Jon Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maccaa, the coffee's fine, too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ditto Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does Jon come south, I have used up my ration of oop North visits for the foreseeable Toofy Grin

edit, just seen there's a DVD, anyone got a copy spare? or is it on torrent?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 20-09-10 10:58; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, he's south already snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc, Hmm, I was at Nottingham Uni last week, it's still North of Watford Gap wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Is that a joke?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing wrote:

really? Shocked

how about you put your hands in your obviously very deep pockets and just buy one!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's quite a few tuning videos on youtube.

Seeing it done in front of your nose and being able to ask questions does help though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc, Bit like trying to learn to ski by watching a video imho!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles wrote:

We also got a very nice bakewell cake type biscuit, though next time I must remember to wash hand of biscuit smells before walking past his rotwellier. Laughing Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller wrote:
achilles wrote:

We also got a very nice bakewell cake type biscuit, though next time I must remember to wash hand of biscuit smells before walking past his rotwellier. Laughing Laughing

thats no way to talk about his OH...she will see this you know Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CEM, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM wrote:
......thats no way to talk about his OH...she will see this you know Laughing

She just has!
ski holidays
spyderjon, Can't wait for the post by CEM on boot removal. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
CEM wrote:
......thats no way to talk about his OH...she will see this you know Laughing

She just has!

Apologise to the rottweilier for me please Toofy Grin

Will ring you later in the week re some kit wink Cool
ski holidays
spyderjon, my skis were luverly at Hemel today - thank you! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
after a weeks rock skiing in st anton last week, have just spent a most enjoyable afternoon completing my first D.I.Y. ski tune, including a couple of deep base repairs. a most satisfying experience in every way Toofy Grin ,
it looks like good edges are going to be a must in the next couple of weeks Toofy Grin
snow report
On the to do list to nip over the county boundary once this season is done, a bit pricey not to learn the DIY way with 5 pairs of skis and a snowboard between and the 3 rugrats!
ski holidays
Agree davkt - 7 pairs in our house including a couple of factory race sets for the 11yr old racer - just spent an enjoyable 4 hrs last night doing 2 sets before our trip to Schladming - edges that would skin you,got out the diamond files - the full monty.It feels good to be confident that your equipment is in top condition.
snow conditions
Another vote for Jon -I did his tuning lesson in the summer. Saw him last week to buy some more wax and an edge removing tool. He showed me how to set it up, how to use it, checked my new skis over, worked out my binding setting, etc. etc.

If you have your own skis, it's worth learning to keep them in tip top condition ... and if you live anywhere near Nottingham, pay Jon a visit. I'd go just for a cuppa and chat about skiing for hours!! snowHead Toofy Grin

Cheers
latest report
Oh and forgot the ski boards! Classic line from G.N.A.R, confused looking ski shop guy to boss, "do we stone grind snow blades?"
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy