Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland's largest Ski Range.

Poster: A snowHead
I'm not doubting it's true, just interested to know how you can be sure, how do you check this against other stores?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Has any other store rang up and said, "No it's wrong, we have a bigger range, remove this advert."
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, err what you on about
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM, There is an ad on snowheads for a store that claims to have the biggest range of skis in Scotland, just wondering how you're able to make such a claim.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
not seeing any ads, does that make me special Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, what store was it for?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That one--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey, where's it gone, I think it's called Cairgorm summat summat ski 2 U Xtreme
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I see it now!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Voila!!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't understand why I'm not seeing any ads. Can't remember having switched off my ability to do so and certainly can't now find where I would have done that, if I had. Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle, prob because you're super-mega Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sideshow_Bob, and also, apparently, because I can't read. rolling eyes Embarassed
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
based on the store in question i would guess they probably do have the largest range in scotland
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Christ shame one Scotland if that's the largest range we/they can muster... Surely EB at the Glasgow snowdome have a bigger ranger than that though?!
latest report
It's a range of 3 parent companies - no indies, no backcountry/tele focused brands (unless that's the K2 contribution). Guess its a sign of the times re UK ski retailing. At least EB make the effort to stock token indies like Moment.

Mind you last time I walked into a UK ski shop and bought a pair of skis was over 10 years ago so I'm not exactly improving things.
latest report
^ Craigdon is actually a really decent independent ski shop.
And based on my experience there some of the staff actually seem to get out and ski / climb / kayak.

Sadly the internet has totally destroyed hardware sales in this country.
Everyone wants to buy their cheap gear from online warehouses like Conrad - and looking at the prices you cant blame them.
For years Nevis Sport in Fort William was by far the UKs best technical gear shop.
But them the web destroyed hardware sales (and after going bankrupt they only seem to sell billabong t-shirts these days!).

Quote:
At least EB make the effort to stock token indies like Moment.

In reality EB stores are pretty much same as any other UK shop - a few racks stocked with pisten carvers and twin tips.
Because that is what is likely to sell / make money.
snow report
Ellis Brigham website select all skis - 63 products
Craigdon website select all skis - 71 products
Looks like they are correct
snow report
Haggis_Trap, Yep. If you're an enthusiast you can tap into far more product knowledge in a few mins on the web than a sales assistant can ever impart (unless they are the buyer for the shop etc) so really its only in a shop's interests to stock the mainstream appeal ranges that walk-ins might be interested in. EB/S+R are no different with certain stores (perhaps Central London where there is more money than sense) where there is a big enough catchment for more niche products.
snow conditions
Try looking a bit harder as I think some of these skis are older models also a lot of them are beginner to intermediate. A lot of shops do seem to go for limited makes of skis but in group stores I don't suppose they are able to choose just have to take what has been ordered by head office. Maybe another reason to check out the smaller independent stores.
snow report
just fishing here but me thinks larry1950 may work for a perth based independent store Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
It's just an advertising slogan. RedBull doesn't really give you wings, you can get quicker than a KwikFit fitter, BA isn't the world's fave airline, John Lewis know for certain that they are often undersold, BMW's are not the ultimate driving machines, Coke is more likely to kill than add life, Carlsberg is probably just cheap eurofizz and you buy L'Oreal because you're a sucker.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, but why would they lie to me. Sad
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, Agreed, however, it directly effects perhaps another business that perhaps is what is being claimed. Slightly different kind of advertising me thinks. The only one in you examples that comes close is BA, the actual 'worlds favorite airline may have the right to complain.
ski holidays
Dot. wrote:
Bode Swiller, but why would they lie to me. Sad
because you're worth it?
snow conditions
No I dont work in any area of the outdoor industry I just looked harder at their website. I was just making an observation as like others I have been in large stores and have been surprised with the limited selection of skis.
ski holidays
surely the person that owns this store must be aware of the forum and has seen this thread??? Would be good if they'd tell us how they have made such a discovery? Non?

We seem to have a theme starting here, bold claims, conspicuois only by silence, absence.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy