Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland calling

Poster: A snowHead
Guess who just accepted a job offer in Switzerland? Laughing

Starting Mid-October. Just in time for the season.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
garyscott20, Um...Bode Swiller?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not even close. I would have thought the big smiley face would have given it away.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
garyscott20, well done. Am I right in thinking that an EU national no longer requires a work permit?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nah you still need a B permit..though with a job offer your company shold help sort that.

Where abouts you moving to? We moved out here this summer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
garyscott20, was only kidding. Lucky you!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mmmmmm cheese fondue
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
garyscott20, Well done, whereabouts and doing what?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
papasmurf, Boredsurfing, A small chocolate making firm based in Vevey wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah, you're an umpa lumpa wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tiffin, those umpa lumpa jobs are pretty hard to come by.

Any Swiss/UK tax experts around?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
garyscott20, Congratulations!

When I were a lad we always pronounced a certain Swiss confectionary firm as Nestles (like it was spelt), none of yer posh acute accents back then! wink Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I presume since the word "Job" is mentioned - this isn't slaving for Nixmap wink

garyscott20, well done.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
garyscott20, SAP project ?

Shimmy Alcott, I bet you can't believe you got a bite on that one.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nickski, yip
latest report
garyscott20, While you are there can you sort out the White Toblerone problem?
They are getting near impossible to fine in the UK and they are my favourite Toofy Grin
snow report
Boredsurfing, place an order and I will see what I can pick up in the staff shop. I will however also try and speak to the distribution manager.
snow report
I work for a Nestle skincare joint-venture in Lausanne, having moved out here last December.

Unfortunately I can't help out with the white Toblerone conundrum, but we do a lovely line in moisterisers and acne creams.
latest report
garyscott20, www.englishforum.ch is a good resource for any questions re moving to switzerland for tax permits etc...
ski holidays
papasmurf, thanks I will give it a look
ski holidays
Spent many a working years in Switzerland. Enjoy but make sure you have get the Double Taxation agreement water tight because when you return to the UK it is possible the UK could ask for the difference in tax & social security payments.
latest report
stanton, busy chatting to some tax advisers at the moment. Hopefully they will sort me out.
snow report
Working in a chocolat factory in Switserland... surely life doesnt get better!
snow report
Do Nestles own the Matterhorn shaped chocolate? I thought it was Kraft!!

garyscott20, Congrats! Have a great time!
snow conditions
garyscott20, congrats! now where's that green-with-envy smiley gone? wink
ski holidays
sherlock235, here it is Going green Very Happy
latest report
Nickski, Laughing I think my dumb blonde persona lulls people in to a false sense of security Laughing

garyscott20, If I ever get divorced, can I come looking for you?
snow report
Shimmy Alcott,Persona? Twisted Evil
garyscott20, can I put an order in for some Movenpik coffee beans, a packet of coupe danemark from migros and a proper rosti
Cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ricfrench, in terms of the general population I'm probably quite intelligent, against the SH's though I'm a bit of a thikkie wink
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott,I feel the same way, it's not that easy to be in the same place as so many rocket scientists, particle physicians and dentists snowHead
snow conditions
garyscott20 you lucky, lucky bleeder. Spent a fantastic afternoon in vevey during the summer, sipping beer in a lakeside bar. You're only an hour away on the train from some decent resorts. Enjoy.....
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, not sure if my wife will be too happy if you came knocking on the door. Very Happy

ricfrench, I will see what I can do.
ski holidays
garyscott20, will you be a weekender in Les Gets? What a brilliant thing for you - lots to do between now and mid-October.
snow report
Pamski, I think it would be rude not to be a Les Gets weekender. But will also be a good base to visit some of the other surrounding ski areas.

Very busy trying to tie up all the ends this side. It will be a gradual move though as the family will only move over in the new year.
latest report
garyscott20, www.englishforum.ch is good for advice on all sorts of issues dealing with living in Switzerland, and http://www.glocals.com/ is good for finding activities to join in. I had a great time working just outside Geneva and just loved the country. Enjoy.
ski holidays
welshskier, thanks for that I will take a look
latest report
Vevey is pretty close to the rail link that goes through to Chateau-d'Oex and the Gstaad ski region, think you need to change trains in Montreaux but with a good run should be arround 90Mins to Gstaad perhaps 20 mins less to Chateau D'Oex (They also hold a big ballon festival here each year in January).

Switzerland is probably the best place in the world for Public transport, you may even find you don't actually need a car (but probably useful for big shopping trips) its well worth investigating the half fare cards and other deals available on tickets through the SBB http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reisezeit.htm
ski holidays
D G Orf, thanks for that. A colleague I had spoken recently actually mentioned the half fare cards but didn't know much about where to find information on them. I am sure the link will be useful.
latest report
D G Orf wrote:

Switzerland is probably the best place in the world for Public transport,

what ???

Do you ever use the trains here? ... they are really slow and far from the bang on the minute reputation that they have got (at least in the French regions)

I get the train into Geneva every day from Vaud and they very rarely get into town within even a couple of minutes of timetable. 5 minutes late is pretty normal.

Also Geneva to Zurich 173 miles ... fastest is 2 hr 43 min on the train

compared to London - Newcastle 283 miles ... 2 hr 57 min on the train !!!
snow report
Yuo can get the half Fare Cards even if your not in Switzerland. They do make a huge difference if you use public transport & like D G Orf, the system is amazing.

I do remember one bad day I was on a commute from Zurich to Bern final Destination Geneva Airport. There was a problem on the line between Bern & Geneva but the Swiss had an answer for that ,everyone on the train going to Geneva was given a Taxi voucher !!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy