Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anywhere 26 Dec - 2 Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Are you planning a trip around New Year and have space for one more? I'm a 40 year old boarder, female, looking for a group to tag along with as my mates are all being lame this year. Ideally a catered chalet (and somewhere high up!) and flying from the South/South West. Am happy to share a room. Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kelse, welcome to SnowHeads snowHead Might this be of any use http://www.coldfusionchalets.co.uk/ Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

If you don't find anyone to share with why not drop us a line - details are in the tag line? We have a few single rooms so no single supplements, and as a big chalet we tend to have a few groups over new year so plenty of chance to meet people . .

Hope that helps?

Heather
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ucpa?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hello kelse. have you found anyone to go with, i am looking for skiing and snowboarding at the time sort of time 26th to 2nd january

and im in the south west

lee davies
resurgem@btconnect.com
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm also looking to ski anywhere for that time.

Car share to the alps? Recon it's about £200 each way all in.

Although I'll be staying out there for the week after as well, in deux alpes. Could drop you back at an airport?

PM me or email at spikiehedgehog [at] yahoo.co.uk.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="kelse"]
Hi there Kelse,

Interested in skiing around that time if you havnt found a group.

B
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi guys, Im also looking for a group to join for this period. 29 yr old boarder and will be travelling from London..

Been looking at Action Outdoors, but dont really fancy the coach ride to the alps..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
orbbital wrote:
Hi guys, Im also looking for a group to join for this period. 29 yr old boarder and will be travelling from London..

Been looking at Action Outdoors, but dont really fancy the coach ride to the alps..

The coach really is the cheapest option at that time of year unless you have loads of airmiles - I've done it a few times over the Xmas / New Year period due to the extortionate cost of flights and its not as bad as it sounds. The only other way I've kept the travel cost down is to book a flight and transfer with YSE Ski - only useful for Val D'isere and doesn't leave til the Sunday morning so you'll need somewhere to stay on the Saturday night at the end of your week. Hope you manage tos ort something out. If you decide to do it use the discount code SP2010 on the Action Outdoors website for £10 off your booking.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
orbbital, don't fancy the coach ride? Just think, many of the richest and most upmarket skiers will be driving themselves to the Alps in their Chelsea Tractors, and having to do all the driving themselves. The coach will probably get there quicker and you might even get a film. I drove myself back yesterday - it took forever, I had to lash up a set of chains to get out of the snow AND I had to stay awake the whole way. Don't be a wimp. wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Haha, thanks for that pam w... now i have no choice but to take the coach now that you've challenged my manliness.. A chauffeur driven chelesa tractor would be preferred though...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A friend and I are heading out to Flaine UCPA on the 26th, coming back on the 1st. I'd usually go for the coach but friend isn't really up for it so flying out v early on the 26th and planning to be on the slopes ASAP. We did book flights pretty early though and because of the antisocial times they weren't too bad. I'm a UCPA fan, been a fair few times and it's always been awesome. Never to Flaine though so this ones all new. Come to Flaine!! snowHead

Vicky
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all I have a couple of SC appartments booked from the 26th - 2nd in Andorra, Soldeu if anyone fancies it? They are about €1200 I think and there are 7 of us but we could I think but up 3 more. The first place is 6-8 and the second place is only a 4 so be about €200-300.

All of us are pretty beginner/intermediates, 23-31 mix of m&f all from Essex. Not sure how many flights are left with Easy jet but they were £200 flying from Luton to Barcelona and then getting the bus (fingers crossed!) to Andorra.

Let me know if you are interested.

Pete
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Vicky, I've been to the UCPA in Flaine a few years ago so was going to go elsewhere, but I might be tempted to go back... the skiing/boarding's pretty good, but the resort itself bit of a concrete monrosity. Not the sort of place you would see in postcards.. They had a brilliant Rolling Stones cover band in one of the bars when we were there.. It's kinda weird hearing the Stones break in French between songs. Did you book with UCPA directly or through Action Outdoors?

Pete, I'e got another trip booked in March to Andorra, so dont want to go there twice in a season. Thanks for the offer though!
ski holidays
Hiya

We booked through Action Outdoors, they're doing a leave before christmas day thing and travel on the coach. Alternatively you can have a small amount of money off the price and travel out to get there on the 26th instead which is what we did.

Can't wait!!

Vicky
snow report
Cool, thanks Vicky. I'm probably going to book through them too. Bizarrely I think I'm willing to suffer the coach trip to get an extra day on the slopes. I'll keep you posted if I decide to go back to Flaine..

Cheers,
Paul
ski holidays
Hi, i am def up for going and judging by the amount of peeps interested it might be worth us just putting a trip together. what do you think?
Oh and by the way i'm a 49 year old boarder!
latest report
I'm all booked on the Action Outdoors trip to Flaine now, arrivng on xmas day.. See you there Vicky.

Paul
ski holidays
Hi all,

If anyone is still looking to join a trip over Xmas/New Year, we have one going 26 Dec-2 Jan and another 1-8 Jan, both to Serre Chevallier. SIngle skiers/boarders very welcome! Check out our meet-up calendar for details of the trips: http://www.meetup.com/Powder-Junkies/ or we're on facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/pages/Powder-Junkies-UK/156718834370106

Best wishes
Natalie
snow conditions
Hi All,
Reading these comments has got me thinking-I have looked at the Action-Outdoors site trip to Flaine 26th Dec,to the people that have been with them before..is it ok to go on your own?I am a 49 year old male skier,do they cater just for the younger set?
I havnt skied Flaine and xmas is usually just a dead holiday to me so I am thinking of giving this a go.
Opnions anyone?
Danny
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy