Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert 2010-2011

Poster: A snowHead
Boredsurfing, I hate to have to agree with you, but they have done a very good job keeping the piste open so long all the way down there. I hope it is s till open for one last trip this Wednesday. If anyone over your side knows, we plan to be at the Forepet about 12.30 -1pm , Wednesday for lunch if it is possible. Please post or PM me if you know for sure that it is still possible to get there and please do join us if you have the time. Otherwise cheers and hope to see you nexct season. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowcrazy, Toofy Grin I'm not around this wednesday but The Forperet is a popular picnic spot so there will be a few up there I guess.
As to skiing to there by Wednesday I'm not sure, probably best to call them this evening certainly skiing back will be 'challenging'. Certainly rock hopping and a bit of walking will be required, certainly avoid Plagne 1800.
Cheers and hope to see you next season as well.
Mike
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowcrazy, unfortunatley the piste down to Forperet is closed, Sad that side of the slope is a bit more prone to the sun, BUT I am sure that the Forperet is still OPEN . So the best idea would be to take skis off and walk down but you will have to walk back up to the fornelet chair lift rolling eyes . Instaed of Wednesday why not come on Thursday as we are planning a big Bar-B-Q at La brevouir (weather permitting), and all the Montalbarians will be there Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cockofthenorth, Except 1 Sad unless www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk borrow the helicopter wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SPAM alert!! wink

Quote:

why not come on Thursday as we are planning a big Bar-B-Q at La brevouir (weather permitting), and all the Montalbarians will be there
So you are obviously trying to scare him off!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, Do you BBQ Spam oop Norf Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
only if it is organic and locally produced Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spam fritters on a Barbie mmmmm............
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the info everyone, it was a great help. Cannot make it over today as am snowboarding in Les Arcs, busy week.

However yesterday we made it to Mont Albert and one last lunch at the Forperet. Did not have to walk once on the way there on the La Plagne side until we reached the road 200m above the restaurant. Great meal as always, they still make the best omelettes in the paradiski in my opinion. They even gave us all a ride back up to the road in there minibus as the tractor was broken this time.

The links from Les Coches into the main La Plagne section are still open until the end of this weekend, but you must walk the final 200m to the Gondola. You can still reach the VE without walking on the way back just. We were also able to get right down to Plagne 1800 Chair lift on the way to Mont Albert, but on the return you must walk in various places at Plagne 2000 and Plagne Centre. The La Plagne side is now looking as worn lower down as Les Arcs and the best place to go there is now the Bellecote Glacier area.

Hope you all have a good day today and will try and get over to meet up early next season. I might still get up on the Glacier area next week for another final blast or to do a bit of touring so if anyone is around and would like to join us, please do get in touch. If I do not see any of you, hope you have a good summer and see you next season. Cheers. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowcrazy, Bon Chance, looks like thats it for the Season, see you next season snowHead
Or for a beer in the Summer if you are GVA based?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just spent a great holiday in Les Coches - 7 days of sunshine and (amazingly) snow. The previous week we were based in Valmorel (effectively closed) so we had a few days up in Val Throens (4o mins by car away so not too bad). I have to say Val Thorens was a pleasant surprise - aside from the day tripper car park routine (which reminded me of Glenshee!). Snow was pretty good last week on the whole.

We had booked Les Coches the second week anyway (as the apartments we usually stay in in Valmorel were closed that week) so heading over there last Saturday morning I was expecting the worst but was amazed to find reasonable snow -and even a resort run! Joking aside, the lift company at La Plagne did an amazing job keeping the area moving - especially the links from Les Coches down to the main La Plagne sector. I hadn't skied there for over 10 years and was impressed by the changes. Even the runs down to the top of the Champery gondola were in good nick for most of the week (and they are building a new 6 person chair up that side next year).

The only sad thing was looking at all that fantastic terrain - all that brown terrain - and thinking in a normal season that would have been skiable. Have to go back another time. However 7 straight days of sunshine and I can live with a bit of slush!

BTW the Ski Republic ski hire in Les Coches is highly recommended. Great value for the kids skis, and run by a very friendly Spanish guy. Just a pity the Pierre and Vacances apartments are looking a bit on the tired side now - think they were untouched from the ones we stayed in 10 years ago.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well thats it I guess, all over for another season, but what an odd season. Two firsts, first time I have skied in Montalbert in October and first time I have skied from our front door to the lift, (because the snowplough hadn't come around snowHead ).
Quite how the piste guys had kept the resort open until wk 3 in April is still a mystery when some runs hadn't been open at all and the pistes down to Montalbert were overused by the ski schools from Aime 2000 because the pistes were better than at 2000!
A big thank you for all the Happy Hours and to those that made them happen in various bars Very Happy
Looking forward to a great summer and heres to next season! snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing wrote:
Well thats it I guess, all over for another season, but what an odd season. Two firsts, first time I have skied in Montalbert in October and first time I have skied from our front door to the lift, (because the snowplough hadn't come around snowHead ).
Quite how the piste guys had kept the resort open until wk 3 in April is still a mystery when some runs hadn't been open at all and the pistes down to Montalbert were overused by the ski schools from Aime 2000 because the pistes were better than at 2000!
A big thank you for all the Happy Hours and to those that made them happen in various bars Very Happy
Looking forward to a great summer and heres to next season! snowHead

Here here Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Edited because I did not send this??????????????
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=fr_montalbert this looks better than April......... Cool
latest report
First snow of the season? or last snow of the season?
snow report
Summer details including which lifts when to be found here
http://www.aplp.fr/Administration/Nouvelles/Documents/ETE2011.pdf
snow conditions
cockofthenorth,
or do you get dumped ??? Puzzled
snow report
La torment has new owners for next season, it's been bought by mr forperet !!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
redrunmarcus wrote:
cockofthenorth,
or do you get dumped ??? Puzzled
SOMEBODY IS POSTING IN MY NAME
snow conditions
cockofthenorth, that could be interesting
snow conditions
http://www.igluski.com/france/montalbert-snow-history_2367
snow conditions
boredsurfin, not as personal as yours on the weather thread but found this one .......
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, hi when are you coming out this winter? All being well I hope to be around for the film festival and then into the new year. Hope to catch up with you over the holidays.

I think you need to start a new thread for 2011/ 2012 season. Toofy Grin
snow report
good morning fellow montalbarians, its been snowing hard for the past 2 days now and still going Toofy Grin Toofy Grin boredsurfin, snow in the garden is just above the plant boxes wink wink Shocked . Going to skin up to the top of the Fornelet tomoz so will see what its like Smile all is looking good for a great start of the season Smile
snow report
cockofthenorth, last years thread - but good news anyway!
ski holidays
Morning all hope everything is OK .....enjoy the walk Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy