Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert 2010-2011

Poster: A snowHead
Very cool.................... Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing, could you not have opted for some more modern roof rails for the car ie not those wooden ones you seem to have gone for ?..... wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Are you still out there. Very nice pics, but it looks like the rain has washed a lot of it away again from the web cams today. Sure hope not Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great photo and that must be first tracks of the season. They must be your tracks as they are a little skew wiff!!! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowcrazy, Hi, no unfortunately the girls have to be back at school this week, but only another 6 weeks and we'll be back again, greatest pleasure of the last night is building the log fire for our return ready for the opening day of the season Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, Where your logs in the fire or on the balcony!!!!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cockofthenorth, Don't forget to bring your ladder back, I'm hoping to borrow it wink Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, had the sky started to work?? Puzzled or do we need to do some more lumber-jacking wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cockofthenorth, The sky is lovely, Martins cows ate some of the smaller trees!
Some channels still a bit iffy and BBC drops out late at night so perhaps a climb through your skylight is still needed wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing, Do you get bonus points for 'first traxx wearing a retro 80's jacket'
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett, IS THAT RETRO..............!!!! wink rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bertie bassett, 'scuse me! authentic late 1980's Tenson Jacket and its still going strong.
Here I am wearing it holding my Daughter who is now 18 and it was a few seasons old then!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing, How long have you been going to Montalbert?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus, Very Happy That was a one day visit when we stayed in La Plagne back in 1994 we had a further 3 holidays in La Plagne over the time and then bought in Montalbert about 6 years ago.
Notice from that pic the old chairlift and we think the picture was taken on the edge of 50's decking and notice the Icy wastelands in the far background. Toofy Grin

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 5-11-10 10:40; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And you still wear that jacket Toofy Grin
latest report
Mouth, Yep, buying good quality gives you a product that lasts Very Happy (Have lost the Ray Bans somewhere) Once a sales trainer ....etc etc
ski holidays
Looks like a good fall of snow last night just waiting for the webcam to clear......
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/webcam/webcam_panoramique.htm
snow report
http://www.la-plagne.com/webcam-plagne try this one snowHead Cool
snow conditions
http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=fr_montalbert or this one Cool
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, This is the best one wink
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/webcam/zoom/zoom3.htm
latest report
Boredsurfing-http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/webcam/zoom/zoom1.htm I prefer this one wink Cool
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Just got tourist office village newsletter in the post. They must think my French is improving because they have sent me the French language version, but the Property owners association know better and have sent theirs in English. Laughing
snow report
Boredsurfing, I have not got that -anything exciting?
snow report
redrunmarcus, Some clear details of how to get passes from Property owners association ie use Edenski! and the Tourist office is doing the 4 day weekend passes for €30.50 again.Other than that nothing new, no mention of new lifts but some nice pictures of the new Poubelles! No mention of what is happening to the old sheds or why there are no poubelles up at Chalets Montalbert!!
Stephane, the Tourism director doesn't appear to be leaving, so I guess he's here for another year.
There is a brief line that says l'Arb, Oursiere and sport Passion have new gerants (Managers). but no more details.
Maybe we should do our own newsletter, sponsored by ski4fun transfers wink
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, I see...... perhaps the owners from Chalet Montalbert will have to walk to the ones which I assume will still be outside my place Puzzled
ski holidays
redrunmarcus wrote:
Boredsurfing, I see...... perhaps the owners from Chalet Montalbert will have to walk to the ones which I assume will still be outside my place Puzzled

Dunno, they have had a good shuffle around. Ours have been put at the end of the driveway, they were supposed top be going by the phone box.
ski holidays
Canons being tested Very Happy
snow report
http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=fr_montalbert Cool snowHead Looking white again this morning
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So much snow the webcam dome is covered in ice snowHead
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/ftpcam/original_montalbert.jpg
snow report
Boredsurfing, think I may have to change my slicks for next week. Toofy Grin By the way i am not to sure if your"first tracks of the season" counts - as that snow has gone!! Toofy Grin with this fresh snow that has fallen I think that if I make some fresh tracks and this is the base for the season then surely I am the person to get first tracks in Monty!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
cockofthenorth, But I still have the photo's of my first tracks so the evidence exists snowHead
Just gave in and bought winter tyres for mine as well ,cos they were down to 3mm, I got enough stick of Bertrand et al when I had 7mm on my 'English' tyres Laughing
Anyway what are you doing on here, haven't you got a film crew to get ready for> Toofy Grin Plus it's only 6 days until you are off to Monty B isn't it?
snow report
Todays snow snowHead
latest report
Boredsurfing, Filming has finished Smile Just trying to get all xmas shopping done Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad before we go back. Very Happy
snow conditions
Montalbert on Twitter Very Happy

http://twitter.com/Montalbert73
snow report
Boredsurfing, Twitter, sorry but that is very sad rolling eyes
snow report
snowcrazy wrote:

No it's actually a bloody good idea - especially if then we got the resorts to stick out daily feeds. Most smartphones have twitter clients, so how about 8am snow reports, avvy level, runs closed. then if the sit changes during the day then again bang it on the twitter. I was lookng at whether you could run is as an sms subscription service, but running it via twitter is much more cost-effective..
e.g @lesarcseng @lesarcsfr would do for differnet language feeds too...

great idea (c) Bertie Bassett 2010...
snow conditions
bertie bassett, I turn my phone off when I am skiing most of the time. So no thanks. Might sound like a great idea but all those beep beeps going off telling you another message has arrived. Yuk. . I hate phones going off all the time and people always talking on the lifts about abstract stuff. I like the peace and quiet in the mountains. That is one of the reasons I like them so much. But then I guess I am just old Twisted Evil
snow report
snowcrazy wrote:

But no where near as sad as Facebook which in reality we are all too old for Laughing
As Bertie Bassett says Twitter is the way forward for clear information without all the crud confusion and half truths that go with FB.
ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
bertie bassett, I turn my phone off when I am skiing most of the time. So no thanks. Might sound like a great idea but all those beep beeps going off telling you another message has arrived. Yuk. . I hate phones going off all the time and people always talking on the lifts about abstract stuff. I like the peace and quiet in the mountains. That is one of the reasons I like them so much. But then I guess I am just old Twisted Evil

No-one forcing you to take your phone or look at it, just a service that wouldn't be that hard for a marketing bod to deliver to skiers in a resort who choose to follow them...

I for one would have like getting the weather in english pre the 08:20 radio les arcs session...
latest report
Quote:

I for one would have like getting the weather in english pre the 08:20 radio les arcs session...

You can get Radio les arcs and La Plagne on your laptop Very Happy Last seasom Radio La Plagne did their English news and weather at quarter to the hour from 6.45 perhaps you could listen to that, the weather would be similar? There is a link to Radio LP on the Twitter feed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy