Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert 2010-2011

Poster: A snowHead
+5 and cloudy here Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So any update on the piste situation around monty and la plagne? Has the possible light dusting of fresh snow arrived?

We're arriving on Friday eve for our last visit of the season Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No light dusting BUT some major hoovering Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Sunshine all day, if there is any light dusting then this maybe on Friday Puzzled Puzzled . The pistes are bloody fantastic the man made stuff is making them bettter every day, runs down to Monty are better than some of the runs further up in fact they have opened another run down to monty which hasn't been open all season Very Happy Very Happy . honestly you do not need a sad face, if ur into your piste skiing you have na problemo!! Smile Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks cockofthenorth that's good to hear. We usually like to dabble in a bit of off piste as well but i don't think that will be on the agenda this weekend.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cockofthenorth,
Quote:

they have opened another run down to monty which hasn't been open all season

Which one?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, the red from the first lift.......................
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
redrunmarcus, oh..............
Thanks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roger C wrote:
So any update on the piste situation around monty and la plagne? Has the possible light dusting of fresh snow arrived?

We're arriving on Friday eve for our last visit of the season Crying or Very sad

See you Saturday then? You flying? We flying from Heathrow Friday eve..........
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Mouth, also flying, on the 5pm BA flight from Heathrow

I'm out with three other chaps so we are sure to be visiting 50s at happy hour Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Conditions on piste seem to be OK generally (certainly up high) - low down some closed runs, some icey runs & some bare patches.

Off piste still good, Pt Face Nord of Bellecote a mix of chalky snow & chopped powder today - very pleasant considering. Snow round Roche de Mio still soft where it doesn't get the sun, powder turns this afternoon in the Arriérés (and yes, I was surprised to find that...).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Roger C wrote:
Hi Mouth, also flying, on the 5pm BA flight from Heathrow

I'm out with three other chaps so we are sure to be visiting 50s at happy hour Very Happy

ok we on the flight at 7pm so happy hour Saturday it is then Smile)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Happy hour finishes at 6.00pm wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
-5 on the balcony -went over to les arcs yesterday in the main the pistes were all in good condition.......in fact they seem to be getting brtter every day as the man made gets worked in over night the groomers are doing a great job Cool snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back from our first day for three weeks. I have to say the pistes are in much better shape than new year and first week of Jan. Despite the lack of snow the pisteurs have done a splendid job managing and maintainin the pistes.

We did not go too far as we had Emerson with us and we all had a late late arrival last night. But Plagne 1800 much much better with quite soft and skiable snow all the way. The occasional hard icy bit but very rare I have to say.

The runs down to Monty are in good condition but not all open. Looks like Bois de Crozelin remains closed as is Roclisse. Even the blue path which goes out wide is closed in places.

Overall a really enjoyable day with sunny skies and pretty ok snow. We are in for a good week even if the sun continues to shine.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, offpisteskiing, at last some more positive people. Over on the Les Arcs thread they are all so depressing. I think although the wind has picked up today, there are still good places to ski and there is plenty of snow in most places. Although many places are hard packed and a bit icy.

Good to hear you also found the Bellecote quite nice offpisteskiing, we were on the Bellecote last Monday but did a different route. Found very similar conditions then as well. Might be fun if you have some time off to ski some of the off piste over your side together the next time we get some snow.

Mouth, Sounds like it has not changed that much since we were down at the omelette restaurant a while ago. Hope it stays that way as we plan to be over again this week. I did notice quite a few closed pistes down your way then as well, but the main path down way ok. Hope to see you whilst you are out this time.
snow report
-3 clear skies here .....but cloud appears to be moving in from the Italian border....not sure it will make it here
latest report
snowcrazy, Let me know if you are coming over this way. I am out on the slopes from noon each day when Emerson goes off for his lesson so could come and say hi at the "omelette" restaurant or do a few runs with you. I will pm you my mobile.
snow report
-4 at 7-30 snow cannons running -clear sky-another groudhog day.............
snow report
Fantastic day out yesterday, the pistes were in incredible condition. I made first tracks down the Fornelet and it was heavenly.Very Happy The Emile Allais down to La Roche was great too. Top tip from a ski instructor I know, "follow the cannon snow...less stones" and he was spot on.
latest report
I can confirm that conditions still remain good despite a distinct lack of the real stuff. I echo rebeccay, 's comments. Yesterday we had great piste conditions all over La Plagne. Once more we played around in Champagny, the sunny side, and all run that we did were great. A real cruising afternoon on blues and reds with soft pistes in abundance.

The runs down to Montalbert at the end of the day are a little icy but this is to be expected. If you follow the sunny route down then all is fine. Head out past the Forperet for the best run home and stop off for a Fisher or Vin chaud on your way.
snow report
-4 on the balcony all the snow cannons running ....will put my washing out to dry Little Angel
latest report
Quote:

all the snow cannons running

redrunmarcus, how much water do they have left? Just wondering, this cold dry spell has been around for so long...
latest report
Plake wrote:
Quote:

all the snow cannons running

redrunmarcus, how much water do they have left? Just wondering, this cold dry spell has been around for so long...

Not much the reservoir is looking very low. I took a photo the other day so will try to post it..
latest report
Looks like they may need to run the cannons over the next few days...... to cool you all down!!!
ski holidays
Plake, take this camera left amd you can see the water level. it's about one third full.
http://webcam-ski.com/interfaces/la-plagne/interface.php?pk_interface=401&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
latest report
Plake, Yes I would say the level is about where it normally is......but don't worry all I am going back to UK for a few days so it is bound to snow.....................in fact snow is forecast for the day I fly out rolling eyes Puzzled
ski holidays
Having been here a week now I continue you to be surprised at the quality of the on piste skiing to be had. The pistes are in the most part good with well groomed snow and the occasional bare/ice patch to contend with.

The last few days we have played around Roche de Mio runs and both reds - Inversens and La Source were really good still. I spoke to a friend who in the last week has skied Chatel, Les Arcs and La PLagne and he says that the La PLagne pistes are by far the best.

The next week will be tough as things warming up slightly but rumour has it as redrunmarcus, states snow will be arriving around 12th. It can belt down from tomorrow to the 3rd March and I will be one happy bunny Toofy Grin
snow report
Mouth, it is no rumour. It is a fact !! as when redrunmarcus, leaves to see his lady (soft wolly) on the 13th for a few days in Blighty, I will gaurantee that it will be dumping it !!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just noticed that SH has the same B'day as me!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, Have a good 'un. Out for a celebratory one tonight? rolling eyes
latest report
+4 on the balcony .....washing drying nicely Puzzled
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, You drove past us at 7.30am yesterday morning as we waited for t'other ski4fun bus to arrive!!

Do you think your snow reports could extend past the temperature reading on your balcony every morning? How about the occasional piste report as you ski back? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Mouth, I wil ltry to keep my eyes open as I ski back tomorrow.............. Toofy Grin
latest report
Mouth wrote:
Having been here a week now I continue you to be surprised at the quality of the on piste skiing to be had. The pistes are in the most part good with well groomed snow and the occasional bare/ice patch to contend with.

have to agree with this. Was in La Plagne last week and was surprised at the quality of the pistes after the lack of snow recently. I skied Les Arcs on two days but found the pistes much more icy than La Plagne. Saturdays skiing was probably the worst, but it was + degrees!

I had a great week, but slightly dissapointed as i couldn't get any real off piste skiing done. Don't get me wrong though... the place needs a good dump of snow soon!

Back there in March, so hopefully will have snowed in between now and then Shocked
snow conditions
Had a great piste day skiing yesterday, although it was hot!!! Very Happy Some pistes are now starting to turn that yellow/brown colour and we hit a couple of patches of proper porridge. But all things considered the pistes were still in good condition.
Although it's nice to have the sun, the pistes will deteriorate rapidly this week so we need to pray that the snow forecast for when redrunmarcus goes back to the uk materialises.
A local frenchman in his 80s has said that spring has come early and there will be no more snow, Shocked but I refuse to believe him and will continue to pray for snow.

Lots more people around yesterday although they were all condensed as the La Bergerie lift was closed all day which was a bit of a nightmare. Let's hope it's fixed by Saturday when the French holidays begin.
ski holidays
Quote:

A local frenchman in his 80s has said that spring has come early and there will be no more snow,

Remember I skied in Montalbert back in October, so was that winter Skullie

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66762#1623668
ski holidays
Went out for a few hours- Champagny side as you would expect on the south facing slopes -other pistes seem fine it is obvious that there has been no snow making over night-runs back home it good nick- not as warm out as I expected
Mouth, + 20 in the sun on the balcony..............
latest report
Great day off piste today with capitan serge 2 hikes up over Mont jovet to find a un tracked coulior Toofy Grin out of the coulior was lovely soft spring powder which I didn't think I would be saying at this time of year rolling eyes through the forest and found a few Chamois running scared. Got low down to Notre damn level and a bit of grass skiing came in Shocked Shocked then finished of on a picnic table with a bottle of bubbley!!! wink wink lovely
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, No not envious at all oh no no ! Cool I'm bringing ntfarmer in a couple of weeks , now he would be right at home, apart from the bubbly, that's my department Very Happy
snow conditions
0 degrees on the balcony-blue sky....... went over to Les Arcs yesterday with cockofthenorth,Mrs cockofthenorth, and some of their guests- good piste conditions all over-lunch at Le Boule above Arcs 2000- the only brown pathes we saw are south facing non skiing slopes even the run into Peisey was good -home via Forperet ....a good days piste skiing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy