Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg Feb 2011 - Childcare Needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am visiting Engelberg in Feb 2011 with my 4yr-old son. Am looking for someone to care for him during the day while I am skiing. Maybe an evening bar worker wanting to earn extra cash during half term? Or a nice friendly ski bum? Would be a good time for a seasonal worker to take a week off skiing and earn extra cash while the slopes are packed with half-term tourists!

Any advice appreciated.

Regards / Mindy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snow Heads snowHead Not sure I'd want to entrust my 4 year-old to an hitherto unknown barworker or friendly ski bum. Have you contacted the tourist office or your hotel/chalet to ask what they can offer or recommend? A quick google search offers this http://www.engelberg.ch/en/activities/families%20welcome/#site[en/aktivitaet/families%20welcome/day%20nursery] - might be worth contacting them and getting some info/background so you can get something in place
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, does sound a bit daring offering up my 4 yr-old, but I worked many seasons in Zermatt in my youth and often babysat as a way of earning extra cash. Always ideal getting a weeks work during school hols and earning what seemed like a small fortune whilst missing the crowds. I would have loved a resource like this when I worked seasons - would have been great to line up families needing babysitters in advance of the season.

But maybe I have too much faith in the old-fashioned type skibum from the 80s & 90s, although of course I would always take up serious references etc. before parting with said child!

Thanks for the Engelberg nursery details.

Mindy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hey! Mindy; my suggestion you better trust on some institution rather than any individual;
you know what child harassment cases are at large; you better watch for your 4 year kid;
below is link having list of local childcare centers at Engelberg;

http://skisnowboardeurope.com/engelberg/childcare.html

wish you luck Cool

_______________________________________________________________________________________
I believe: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Katy Jhonson eastbourne nursery
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy