Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thinking of doing a season in st anton

Poster: A snowHead
Planning on going out there at the end of november to sort job and accommodation out. Is this a good time to go out? and is it likely to be hard sorting them out? Heard so many good things about the resort so just want to go oover and give it a crack! Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Arlberg season opens on the 26th November so might be worth getting things sorted before this time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dan Harv, Welcome to Snowheads - Owen4220 has some words of wisdom there

I'd also add - Pack a spare liver
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with the head over there early. I went out with a job and accom lined up, but those I met out there that didn't seemed to arrive early November.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dan Harv, try getting in touch with sidneyreilly, a fellow Snowhead, UK citizen but based in St Anton http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/ He might be able to help you out with accomodation as he has a few apartments. Apparently the Mooserwirt are looking for people to scrape up the bodies in the aftermath of the average day.
Go for it. Great place
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hiya, The one thing that I would say is that in order to get a "Good" job you will need fluent German and the earlier that you head out the more chance you will have of lining up something. Ski bums will be arriving from October....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or if you do arrive later on, head for MailBox in the middle of town, there's a notice board up there for people looking for job, employees, accomodation and selling kit.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers guys, looks like I'll have to get out there pretty soon then.

Where are the best spots for the off piste?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dan Harv wrote:

ya mam
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dan Harv wrote:
Cheers guys, looks like I'll have to get out there pretty soon then.

Where no-one else knows. Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett wrote:
Dan Harv, Welcome to Snowheads - Owen4220 has some words of wisdom there

I'd also add - Pack a spare liver

And a couple of suitcases of cash. In fact, make that three.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Theres usually a few jobs posted on the resort website, probs better than the TO route. If you can already ski you may want to think about doing the Anwarter course which the ski school often run in late Nov/early dec, then getting a job at the skis chool (think the course is 550 euros, but if you get the job then accomm will be sorted for you very cheaply as well - ask at the ski school for info/likelihood of jobs. As mentioned above, in resort mailbox (internet cafe on the main street) often has job offers/accommodation posted up.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Have you looked at the piste map yet? All those dotted lines are unpisted ski routes. Apart from that, well, it's the Arlberg!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999 wrote:
Theres usually a few jobs posted on the resort website, probs better than the TO route. If you can already ski you may want to think about doing the Anwarter course which the ski school often run in late Nov/early dec, then getting a job at the skis chool (think the course is 550 euros, but if you get the job then accomm will be sorted for you very cheaply as well - ask at the ski school for info/likelihood of jobs. As mentioned above, in resort mailbox (internet cafe on the main street) often has job offers/accommodation posted up.

does the anwarter course include a german language course? when i contacted them for work they demanded that a language course be taken before i got into the ski school.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
williams223, when I did the Anwärter there back in the 90s you needed to have a basic knowledge of German at least. All the course was held in German and you needed to sit a written paper in German too. They insist on instructors speaking German for safety reasons.
latest report
The anwarter is technically in German, but I did it with rubbish (like, really) rubbish German. The trainers speak English, for the teaching module they give you a book filled with useful technical terms translated, in the written test I/we had a lot of help and were almost encouraged to copy our neighbours (really easy questions which would be a doddle in English), and were allowed to take in dictionaries. Peak Leaders (an English gap course) will be putting people trhough the same course (which is what I did - german lessons/anwarter training/ anwarter course/ 10 days guided offpiste/ month food+accomm+lift pass/ job sorted with the ski school after the course = £3250. Obviously not cheap, but it worked for me and felt like reasonable value).

I also picked up work very easily for uni holidays in Saalbach with the anwarter (my German is still rubbish, but I only get English clients so it's not a problem).
ski holidays
clarky999, sounds like they've made it a bit easier for students on the language front as they need more English speaking instructors.
snow report
juliad, I think so yeah. Also the fact Peak Leaders organised the course through the ski school (who had a fair bit of influence over the trainers/etc on the anwarter), and plowed a fair bit of early season money into the school, probably made a bit of difference.
snow conditions
Be aware that businesses get between 30-60 skibums per day looking for work at the beginning of the season. There is a hiring period before the the Xmas week.

Any workers not upto it i.e timekeeping, drinking get sacked on the spot.

There is anther Hiring period just after the new year where they replace all the workers who have not made the grade.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy