Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee info please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello all

Thinking about booking for the 2nd week in January. Any info would be appreciated on the place. Any pistes you think were excellent and why, did you get over to Zermatt (how much and how long did it take), decent bar etc.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MFC, Day trip to zermatt cost 35 Francs I think with a 7 day lift pass that covers your train transfer and lift pass in zermatt. Just make sure you get a blue ticket when booking/buying your lift pass.

Best Apres bar in Saas is the Black Bull, you wont miss it right on the main street when you walk out of the ski school area (All the runs pretty much end in the same place.)

In the evening the Metro bar and Poision are the places to be. Best cup of coffee in the Village is Coff fee on the main street.

Not sure what Piste are Smile There are some great runs off the quad near Mrenia, Super Itinary runs under Spielboden (Old Orange cable car) and Langflu (Big Blue Cable car above Spielboden) Thes lifts offer the most challanging terrain.The best tree skiing is under the Plattjen bubble(Blue Cable Car)

Piste are pretty good plenty wide at the top 11, 11A, 10, 6, 5 15a and 8 are all pretty nice runs.

On the Hill the Morenia and Gletschergrotte are great places to eat and the one at Spielboden is not bad either.

In the Village I can not reccomend Don Chicios enough incredible food, reasonable price and Andreas and his wife are the ultimate hosts. Bodman is really good if a bit of a walk to get to.

PM me if you need anything else am getting hitched there next summer Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi mfc, I'm a bit of a novice on this but I went over to Saas Fee last month to try and do some summer glacier sking. Unfortunately the day I went the glacier was closed due to bad weather so I didn't get to ski but I did spend the time nosing around the village. Its very similar to Zermatt (as a village) but at a fraction of the price. Both Zermatt & Saas Fee are post card Switzerland & very authentic. I have read a number of times though that the skiing is far superior over at Zermat and that Saas Fee skiing is quite limited. I suppose this depends on your skiing ability. Zermatt is about a 30 min drive and then a short train journey (with sass fee you can drive up to the car park right on the edge of the village and leave your car there however with Zermatt you need to take short train journey from the car park to the village). I hope this is of some help. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MFC, Wham's 'Last Christmas' video was filmed there. Hope that helps wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
General Lee, Zermatt is practically a sprawling matropilis in comparison to Saas Very Happy But you are right tons more skiing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anniepen, Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy