Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sleazyjet madness

Poster: A snowHead
Just booked first trip to Austria, to find that sleazyjet only fly out from, or back to, Edinburgh - Munich every second Saturday !!!!!!! So for a week's holiday in February I have to fly out on a Friday to come back Saturday the following week. Trying to arrange a trip in January I have the opposite problem - I can fly out on the Saturday but have to come back either on Friday, or Sunday (and trains back to Munich Airport on the Sunday will, I suspect, be few and far between). No rail timetable out yet for Jan/Feb, so I don't know how much hassle travel is going to be. What are Easyjet playing at ???
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
deerman, It does sound a bit odd
Have you ever spent a day in Munich? - if not having an 8 day trip and spending one night in Munich could be quite pleasant (a trip to the Hofbrauhaus in the evening can be quite enjoyable) Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink, Spent a few days there at a time back in the 70s when I had a girlfriend who lived in Munich - including a wild weekend at the Oktoberfest. I've managed to find accommodation at Soll for the 8 days though - rather spend the time on the snow if I can.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
deerman, Do any other airline fly that route, and if the outgoing or incoming flights suit, go with one airline and back with the other? I've done that mix-and-match on summer trips but not winter - worth a try? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
(bad advice removed)... try skyscanner

Edit... you don't live in manchester... note to self... stop being a doofus
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
deerman, looks like you're flying over a period when they change timetables (whether that's winter to summer, or just a change in general I have no idea) as the flight availability looks completely sensible in January and March.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ryanair go to the 'other' Munch airport. OK its 100 clicks away but hey ho.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
deerman, jet2 are doing Salzburg now from EDI or GLA (or both). Not too many flights and times pretty rubbish. I used the Memmingem flight to EDI on way home last year and it was good but looks like Ryanair have cut the days too - sadly looks like not enough traffic from Scotland to Austria Mad On a positive note, the Thomson flight from EDI to Innsbruck now has a 06.50 departure time from EDI, insetad of 14.30, so now means you can in theory get some skiing in on the Saturday afternoon now, instead of arriving at resort after 7 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Downside being it's £245 a pop
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink wrote:
Have you ever spent a day in Munich? - if not having an 8 day trip and spending one night in Munich could be quite pleasant (a trip to the Hofbrauhaus in the evening can be quite enjoyable) Toofy Grin

My thought exactly. I'd have thought that an 8 day trip was a great result.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
klm to Munich is better timed (arrive 10.50, depart 6pm)

Currently £175 return inc tax (that fare has you in Munich for 11.55am, departing 6pm). Earlier fligh is now a lot dearer. Where are you going in Austria?

Lufthansa are £160 return at the moment, flight times are not quite as good as KLM

Booking the KLM flights via Air France gives you the 4.15pm return on 22 Jan with the early depature for £176

Right, enough travel agenting, on with the day job Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name, Nope - same problem when I try to get flights out on Saturday 8 Jan (OK) and back on Saturday 15 Jan - no flight ! Looking at Jet2 to Salzburg - flight back is OK, but going out gets into Salzburg 19.30, so to get from there to Soll may be a problem. So maybe the answer is to fly out Sleazy, back Jet2.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Those dates seem to be more expensive. Edinburgh Munich with KLM is £220 return, but return leg is early doors.

What's wrong with Lufthansa to Munich £168 but with late arrival (7pm) or £185 with early arrival and depart about 3pm?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And how can my post count in 2 separate posts be the same? Edit for stupidity, ah, it updates all my posts no matter when I made them, I see.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

My thought exactly. I'd have thought that an 8 day trip was a great result.

Yeah, I always actively look for flights departing Friday and returning Sunday the week after!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ghost Dog, fancy posting in here? wink
latest report
What my stupid post or my travel agent posts? wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy