Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So myself and about a large bunch of other crazy snow riders are heading to Les Gets in Jan 2011. Could anyone suggest some cheap/happy hour type bars in the town? Also, any ideas what the transport is like to Morzine at night? We were thinking of heading over there for a few beverages. Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tordi, bars? no - Boomerang used to be good, Fig's bar (no idea of name) don't worry it'snot hard, you'll find your own (it's not a huge place).

Morzine night travel? I don't think there is any...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tordi, not sure about happy hours but good bars include Boomerang, Bar Bush, L'ecurie, Dublin and Zebra. Not that I have been to any of them of course. Oh and Canadian Bar is my favourite. Oh and the Irish Pub Embarassed

Why go to Morzine....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fair do's, seems like there is a few places to go in Les Gets. My mate stayed in Morzine last year, so we were going to venture down there for an evening. But if its a hassle I think I might not bother. I'm so depressed its only September, hurry up January!!

Is the swiss wall as scary as it sounds? Saw some videos on youtube.....icy bumpy craziness.....must have a go!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Morzine has a lot more bars than Les Gets and is worth a night out.

The Wall just depends on the conditions, top bits ledgey and then goes into big mogals, with a few rocks to navigate round. If its icey its a bit more tricky, but whatever happens your thighs will be burning at the bottom Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm. Morzine has more bars than Les Gets, that's no guarantee of quality however...

The Wall has a well deserved reputation for kicking the **** out of anyone who shouldn't be there. It tends to attract far too much attention for being a little bumpy instead of being a mighty fine run in its own right.

That said there're much tougher ways from Avoriaz to Crosets that are much more fun (you don't run the risk of being taken out by one of those folks who shouldn't be on the wall anyway, as mentioned above).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apres is not Les Gets strong point
Bush is the best of 'em, but take plenty of money
The Irish Bar is a tourist trap, beer rubbish and the drinks menu offered an Irish coffee at E9.00 last January
Go to a supermarket in Tangines and do your own apres ski
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I enjoyed Les Gets but more of a family type place than a wild Apres town. The Wall is rubbish for boarders, don't go there Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
T-Dub, Do you mean the Irish bar below the Canadian bar if so better not let Colin here you saying that. Bar Bush is now owned by Chris AKA Cindy (long story) and has had a bit of a face lift its well worth a visit. As for apres I didn't do it too much but the bush is pretty busy 5-8 especially on Wed (Chalet staff night off)

Andy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy