Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Burnin' Luv 2010/11 Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

I just demo-ed the K2 Burnin Luv womens ski at xscape last week as I'm looking to buy a longer, leaner, faster pair of skis. These skis are quick and very responsive and grippy. Really dead easy to ski!! You really don't have to roll them onto their edges much at all before your carving fantastic arcs all over the place. They are engineered towards the advanced skier, but I reckon most people would have a brilliant time on these things. Obviously, I didn't get a chance to test them in the deep fluffy stuff, but I'm told they aren't too shabby in these conditions either. Needless to say, I shall be purchasing a pair asap. I notice on the K2 website that they only go up to a 160. I'm not sure if these are meant to be skied shorted than normal, but I'll be buying the 160s anyway.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tordi, I've got an earlier model, 07-08 possibly (and I think the spec has changed now), which are 153 and I think they do ski a bit short; I'd be looking for longer next time.

I loved them too but find they are too narrow underfoot for powder (don't know if the new spec are wider). I tried the Lotta Luvs last season and would prefer them now.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mrs Monium has an older model of these, and agree they are not a powder ski at all really. She was sinking in even shallow powder on the edge of pistes, despite them being a reasonable length for her height and weight. That said, she wouldn't part from them unless we bought a brand new pair of the same ski. Very good ski and great value for money - she is an intermediate comfortable with reds and can put in a bit of speed when she feels like, and I can't see her outgrowing them any time soon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah think they have improved the older model for powder skiing. Still pretty narrow though! Although the contact point between the snow and the tip is much further back in this years model to try and prevent the dreaded sinkage, and also help with turn initiation. To be honest, I'll be using my salomon lady's in the deep stuff anyhoo as they are pretty wide.....I'm more interested in performance on icy/hardpack stuff, seeing as my salomon lady's have a complete lack of performance of this stuff Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tordi, yes, I got them for hardpack really, I felt much more confident with them, still would prefer Lottas now though
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry for the thread bump, but I'm considering new skis this season, and having done some research these sounds like they could be the ones for me.

I want them mostly for piste, but don't want to sink like a stone if I go off-piste. Main requirement is grip on the hard/icy stuff and carving ability.

I'm an advanced skier, skiing mostly reds with a few blacks thrown in.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Picadilly, I've only done a teeny bit of off-piste and sank like a stone; also in above the knee powder on-piste. grip on hard icy stuff no problem
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh. Thanks for the feedback holidayloverxx

Maybe the Lotta Luvs might be a better option. Anyone know how they are for grip?

Also, I'm unsure on the length. My current Heads are 156 (I'm 5'7, average weight for height)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Picadilly, I found the lottas better than the burnins - me want. I would go for 163 if I were yuor height (I'm 5' 4") - they do ski a bit short in my view
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Picadilly, I skied the Lotta Luvs for 2 seasons as my everyday ski - good ski, worked pretty much on everything although I have Phat Luvs for powder. I'm just under 5'7 and about 135 lbs and had the 160s. I did find that I didn't get as much out of them as I would have liked in terms of life span - they went dead after about 1 1/2 seasons, whereas I'm used to getting 2 whole seasons out of a ski and then using it as a rock ski (I spend about 100 - 120 days on snow a season).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks holidayloverxx, skinanny, I'm still researching..

Th latest pair which have caught my attention are Volkl Kenjas.

Anyone tried them?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tried the unisex version the Kendo and really liked it Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy