Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big boots!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Righty doke.

Thanks for all the advice in my other thread, and based on that, and a discussion with my school teacher, I shall be buying boots in Radstdat, Austria, next year. Right, now i need some advice on what boots to go for, as I honestly haven't got a clue.

According to my 'Ski school pass' i am able to
    Carving - long turns
    Pole plant
    Carving short turns
    Easy slalom - about 20 gates

amongst other easier things. My favourite things are just to mess about on jumps and ski backwards now and then.

Now the limiting factor here is my foot-size. I'll be needing a mondopoint AROUND 33 (not sure on exact measurment yet, but i am a UK 14).

Any recomendations would be great, so i know how much to save, and have something to look forward to, and know what to ask for.

Thank you.

edit- forgot to mention, I am not one of these racer types, although I enjoy the odd bit of speed and the odd black slope occasionaly. I am not like a couple of my associates (spelt wrong?) who are on-piste lovers, and strive to be the fastest.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ben133, you need to go to a shop with a reputable boot fitter, and try on different pairs of boots until you find a pair that fit. Everything else is unimportant compared to that.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ben133, there is nothing wrong with your spelling ... and Kramer is right!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok thank you guys, I just dont want to end up with a boot simply because it fits, when it might not be right for my style of skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ben133, Oh, what wouldn't I give for a boot simply because it fits!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ben133, fit is THE single most important thing about a boot. Probably the second most important thing is to buy a boot that is suitable to your standard. When you're in the shop, be honest about your skiing ability and aspirations, and you should end up with a suitable boot. My final tip would be, if you want your boots to match your ski suit, then match the ski suit to the boots, and not the other way around!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All the above plus save lots.Don't let price be a limiting factor.I know these things are expensive but,generally,they are a fair bit cheaper in Europe.Find the right boot,then,and only then,look at the price tag.The boot,IMHO,is the single most important piece of kit,don't compromise or your feet will live to regret it.Ask my wife Sad
Good luck and BTW,welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy