Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Legets / Mont Cherry

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am going to le Gets in Feb, looking at lift pass for just Morzine and Le Gets and notice that there is a seperate pass for Mont Cherry - Is MC not included in the M/LG pass ??

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mont Chery is on the Les Gets / Morzine pass. Fret not! Just don't tell everyone how nice Mont Chery is, don't want to lose our bolt hole on busy weeks wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Libertine, ctskifam, this thread now needs pulling Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, I cant wait. I have my eye on spending a fair bit of time on mont Chery Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Libertine, no, I wouldn't, you really won't enjoy it.

We happened to be on the chairlift two weeks ago up to La Pointe and that funny old white stuff started coming down, and horizontally into our faces. It was still August..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Libertine, you see, it's really not safe, Pamski knows.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Libertine, don't listen to the locals, Mont Chery is totally pants and not worth the walk across town. There's not even a good restaurant run by not-Dutch people who don't serve pasties. Or anything like that.

It's all a complete fabrication made up by the locals to feel better about having to ski somewhere with boring runs and no off-piste.

Trust me. Stick to the main Les Gets side.

wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Libertine, You need to learn how to spell where you are going Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mouth, the locals won't know where/what he is talking about, if he has to ask for directions (and send him towards Avoriaz or somewhere)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i'm with flyingstantoni. You wouldn't like it. Stay away.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mt Chery looking pretty damn good this morning, sun shining on it and clear blue sky!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
but is there any of the lovely white stuff about Pamski, ???
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricklovesthepowder, none at all, been pretty nice and hot here the last couple of days. Could take a turn soon but I dont think we are going to get the kind of temps we saw a couple of weeks ago, hopefully not until next month anyways, around 3 degrees c overnight at the chalet (1000m) not long ago.

EDIT - oh and I never realised Mt Chery was so good, never really considered skiing there at all, be sure to make the trip this season. Thinking about it in terms of the summer it must be a lot of fun, some good steep terrain! Is it worth heading there when theres no powder about??
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder, not just at the moment ...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any on the horizon, i dont mean literally!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
R555MAC, three good reds, one easier black, one more difficult black, a black that I want to tick off soon and a black that I'm unlikely to ever have a sniff at Toofy Grin One blue. Not a place for beginners but not so knarly that I can't go there.

Oh and a park if that's your bag.
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, well having had some snow on 31st August this year I assumed you meant literally! But hang on - just checked the weather and there is 1cm forecast at 2000 on Friday night this week. Daresay it will disappear before then.
snow report
At what level did it fall down tomon the 31st? Does that happen often snow in august?
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, I don't think it often does, no! As I said on 13 September:
Quote:

We happened to be on the chairlift two weeks ago up to La Pointe and that funny old white stuff started coming down, and horizontally into our faces

didn't really settle.
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, 2 years ago we had about 20cms in our garden in Chamonix in July, had all melted by lunchtime. Happens.
snow conditions
Lou, thats good to know. I will head up at some point. Sounds like there are some great runs, the only thing that has put me off is that I know how slow the chairlift at the top is, but on a quiet day that doesnt bother me at all. The blacks sound nice and challenging. If the start to the season is good I will be heading over ASAP off peak.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy