Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finally taking the plunge...a trip to the physio

Poster: A snowHead
Decided that the old legs need a bit of losening up Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Will i cry like a baby??

The website is reassuring in this point....will it hurt?

"Maybe, depending on how deep we decide to work into your muscles. Specific trigger point work into really tight muscles will be uncomfortable I ask that my clients tell me if the pain is higher than “8 out of 10”. You can take a break at any time. As the applied pressure eases the’ trigger points’ within the muscle the discomfort will ease. The sensation is that of relief and it is worth the soreness."

8 out of 10??? my OH put childbirth at 6 out of 10!!. Id put the various broken bones of late at about 4.....so 8 out of 10 should be fun Puzzled

...as long as it does not all go 'spinal tap' will i survive?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I call my physiotherapist my 'torture therapist' - that should give you a clue Twisted Evil

Will you cry like a baby? Nah, man up and grit your teeth.

I go for physio every week and while I've grown accustomed to the pain, I can't say I look forward to the sessions. That said, the physio does help and I'd be in a whole lot of trouble without it.

Good luck!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevindonkleywood, julesb has been having some deep massage recently on his shoulders. Yes, it can hurt (she used her elbows on certain points), but it certainly helped.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevindonkleywood, I think you're lucky to find a physio who is really going to go for those trigger points - I've been searching round here but not found any yet who even mention trigger points in their blurbs.

We have a couple of good books about trigger points - keep one in France and one here, and I can often help my OH, who has loads. But I'm not very good at it (though I do manage to hurt him quite a lot Twisted Evil ) and some are hard to find. You should be given specific stretches for the muscles where the trigger points are.

Good luck - please report back, I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

Is it actually a proper physiotherapist or some other sort of therapist?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevindonkleywood, you great fanny! Basically the key is to relax when they do the deep tissue stuff then it's really not to bad, I like to feel a bit of pain as at least I think I am getting benefit from it. The only time I didn't relax was when I went for a massage in Tignes, first time massaged by a bloke. I remember him standing over me and saying in a deep french voice: "you must relax your buttocks"! WTF! funnily enough I didn't!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:

Is it actually a proper physiotherapist or some other sort of therapist?

Do they also do Wayne Rooney?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lots of physios up here working on trigger points Pam.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Physio isn't always painful, though I've had physio that left my back covered in one large bruise, and therapy on my shoulder that stopped me breathing because it was so painful. I've also had physio that tickled. HTFU!

If you find that your physio is too painful, find a good reiki practitioner in your area. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevindonkleywood, Yes, you will.

Wait till they start loosening those ATB's Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Physio isn't always painful

I suspect that trigger point work is always painful, as trigger points are by definition painful when pressed. But physio on muscles without trigger points, or work on mobilising joints, needn't be painful. Hells Bells, will have to have another look, I think. I've found the whole trigger point thing quite a revelation. I practically never suffer from lower back pain, but when I do, it's trigger points in the buttocks (whichever side is painful) very easily self-massaged with a tennis ball against a wall. I have worked out that doing a good piriformis stretch every day (before I get up, usually) keeps them at bay.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
not called physical terrorists for nothing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dry needling of triggerpoints, which should not be painfull, can be alternated with manual TP therapy if you are too sore at the next treatment.
A hot pack before the therapy should also help,
and the best you can do is to breath and relax intentionally, in spite of pain, because it will help and subside quicker.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lizski, hubby often starts laughing in the middle of his treatment..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I recently tore a calf muscle and my physio session always included some massage. I don't think it was 8/10 but it was pretty high. However, I always felt so much better afterwards. I got booked in with a different physio one week by accident (new receptionist) and when she massaged it was so gentle that I hardly felt anything. The improvement that week, I felt, was much less than after the usual physio session. It'll be worth it but it might feel worse before it starts feeling better.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hells Bells, I do that too Laughing
snow report
Off to see mine at 11.30 today.

Not looking forward to it very much.
snow conditions
ahhhhhh! well it was not too bad and definiely worth the discomfort, but to be fair it was a first session so i guess she did not want to firghten me off, can definitely feel the benifits allready. Very Happy
snow conditions
Quote:

can definitely feel the benifits allready

Fantastic!
ski holidays
Childbirth 9.5 out of ten. I would give it ten but having only ever felt like passing out from the pain I'm guessing there is something more painful.
latest report
Sad mine spotted even more issues with my knee.

It's nearly 12 months since it went ping, so I hope it'll get sorted before next season.
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, Come on you know 'man flu' is far far worse Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy