Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TK MAXX Today 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
I was in the Kingston branch today and there was a rail of ski wear out. There was three really nice E+O (eando) jackets there size large reduced to £125 from well over £300. They were a little small fitting but just too large for me but the quality was really nice. I would love to have found one in my size at that price.

Anyway it's just a heads up to anyone who may be in the area.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is this TKM bringing out the ski wear nationwide do you think?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a wee trip tomorrow lunch time me finks Very Happy

thanks for the heads up... need some gloves and a hat
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was not their usual barrage of ski wear just one rail of Jackets and one of pants. All mens, no ladies or kids. The staff did not know when they would have the main bulk of ski wear in but they thought probably early October.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Few of them have been getting Westbeach stuff in. Picked up a Westbeach hat the other day and noticed a few jackets and pants, not all W/b. Still early days but Winter's coming!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
people on scuk have been reporting that the stores in the midlands have had westbeach stock in for the last week or so. jackets, hoodies, beanies, gloves etc. not sure of other brands though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got a real nice SOS soft shell 2 weeks ago in one of the Newcastle branches for £99. Been seeing a lot of Westbeach but nothing amazing.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
willow 15 wrote:
Got a real nice SOS soft shell 2 weeks ago in one of the Newcastle branches for £99. Been seeing a lot of Westbeach but nothing amazing.

I got a really nice SOS soft shell too a few weeks ago for about £35 Toofy Grin Trick is in Tacky Maxx to hold your nerve and wait for them to red sticker it!

I have noticed they are starting to trickle in a bit of ski wear in the North West (Stockport, Cheadle and Trafford), seen it in a couple of branches, on the 'outdoor' rails, no specifc ski wear rails yet. No kids stuff seen yet. However have seen a lot of ski brand luggage around, mostly Dakine and Salomon.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There was a beautiful softshell SOS jacket recently on the outdoor rail. It was black with green zips. Unfortunately it did not have a snow skirt or snow cuff and I fall a lot. I was tempted though as I really hate the colour of my £34 Dare 2 Be. Mind you I've never been wet or cold either so I shouldn't be so gravalicious.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll give an update when the new TK MAXX opens near me............in Warsaw Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Costco have Head gloves for £10.99 plus VAT. My last pair did me proud so had to buy a pair. Has got me thinking "not long now".
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a look in the nearest 2 TKMaxx to me today, Corby and Kettering. Not much in either, mainly Trespass and Surfanic jackets. One real bargain in Kettering, this Patagonia jacket in Large for £99. Too big for me though.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stuck the head into the TK Maxx in Swords in DUblin last night! Picked up a nice pair of very flourescent Green Westbach Pants for €50 to tide me over on the Dendix for the next few years.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A few nice Rosignol ski jackets in TK Maxx Meadowbank edinburgh. Looks like the ski wear is starting to filter through. Also some nice ski pants if you're a pie horder Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Picked up a Westbeach jacket (the one that's split into blue and red panels - makes me look like a trainspotter) for £25 the other day at the Cov branch.
ski holidays
Just have been to TK Maxx in Tamworth near the Snowdome and they have a load of skiwear as well Smile But not sure is there any good bargains on the brands...
snow conditions
Just been to one in Chilwell in Nottingham. Very, very nearly got an E+O Ainslie jacket for £200 (RRP is £480). Although a beautiful jacket I had a few doubts and resisted. Apart from that mainly the usual Surfanic and Trespass stuff.
latest report
Quite a lot of skiwear in the MK Bletchley branch too. Again, mostly Trespass/Surfanic/Dare2Be, although there were a few Rossi & Nike jackets as well. Nothing too tempting as yet, but I say that as someone who really doesn't need to be tempted into more ski stuff, unless it's a serious bargain & just too good to pass up Toofy Grin Plenty of decent enough stuff at decent prices, though...
snow report
Report from the sutton branch, 3 rails of mens jackets and pants, again the usual suspects Trespass-surfanic-D2B but some stuff, volcom, Nike in TackyMax usual weird sizes (xs men well catered for). Little in the way of ladies gear though (half a rail)missus nearly parted with £65 for a half RRP westbeach jacket, but it was too large for her.
ski holidays
Quite a lot of the above at the Swansea big megaMaxx. I picked up a nice soft shell that was not Trespass-surfanic-D2B
latest report
I managed to get a pair of Reusch gloves for £15 in the Farnborough store Happy
ski holidays
Brighton is about 80% Trespass garbage. Previous years have been much more interesting (have picked up really decent gear previously, Helly Hanson stuff for the wift, and I've got some cracking Halti threads...)

Handful of DC snowboard boots as usual as well.
snow report
btw what is wrong with Trespass-surfanic-D2B for those that do a few weeks a year skiing and are not back-country hardcore Puzzled
snow conditions
They're styleless and poorly functioning. For a bit of extra hunting on the rails, and maybe twenty quid more, you can pick up Nike ACG, Helly, Westbeach etc which will all look and feel better.
latest report
Mr Technique, I would not agree they are poor functioning as the seem to have all the necessary bits and bobs; but you will be lucky to get Helly etc for just £20 more. I can not comment on them being 'Styless', but I do have a touch of the 'Skoda' snob factor with the stuff so am prepared to rummage too - for a while Very Happy
snow conditions
I had a Protest jacket and Trespass trousers one season. They were dowdy, poorly fitting, the jacket was heavy, and the trousers were improperly designed. The braces were affixed in a way that meant they popped free of their velcro fasteners constantly.

However, I now have a top-end Halti jacket (RRP in the hundreds, £70 from TKM) and matching trousers (which were thirty quid). I look awesome and everything works properly.

Other half has very nice Orage jacket (£70 ish) and Helly pants (20 or 30 squids, can't remember).

What I'm saying is that for extra cost of a moderate night down the pub, you can have really decent stuff if you're prepared to go back week after week for a month or two until something excellent catches your eye.
ski holidays
DC boots in the Colchester branch
latest report
Quote:

btw what is wrong with Trespass-surfanic-D2B for those that do a few weeks a year skiing

absolutely nothing Happy I've had my dare2be kit for 3 seasons now and the family are kitted out in a mix of tresspass and dare2be. However TK Max seems no cheaper than buying it from the web. I think the real bargains in TK Max are on the posh designer stuff, if you can find it in your size.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Word on the street is that TKMax in Croydon has a shipment of gear in, including.. shall we say... better respected brands, in normal sizes (medium and large! Wooo!)
latest report
I got a peak performance top at the tk maxx at tamworth last year. I nearly wet myself. It was the classic 'doesn't quite fit / its an absolute bargain' scenario, but I went for it. Been in a few times recently but seems to be mainly trespass stuff. You just need to hit lucky.
latest report
I've only seen Tresspass and Surfanic stuff around Hemel and Watford. A few weeks to wait I think.
snow report
i got a patagonia primo down filled jacket at TKMAx in limerick last year for around €100. load of dodgy D2B/Surfanic/no brand stuff at the moment, but a lot of goretex level gloves for peanuts. snowHead
snow report
CSki, Thanks for that, saved me a trip. Bedford much the same and very little of it.

I did get a good deal on a Nike shell jacket last year for £35.

ps Anyone know who makes ski pants for shortarses as most of the ones I try on seem to need turnups rolling eyes
snow conditions
anarchicsaltire, I bought mine in Aldi and have worn them on three trips and I love them. They are not too long at all and my inside leg is 29". Yeah I know Aldi is even less desirable than D2B or Trespass but when they are trousers who would know.

The very worse thing I can say about my D2B jacket is that the damned thing still looks brand new after three ski trips. I am seriously considering becoming really childish and ripping a hole in it so I have an excuse to upgrade.
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire, Last year I bough a pair of short Schoffell GTX pants from Snow and Rock at the beginning of the season and have been very pleased with them, but I am not sure if they are going to do them again this season as they only have reg and long on their website. If you like Arc'teryx and are prepared to pay full price you can order shorter leg versions from shops in the UK or get them from overseas websites.
ski holidays
Had 20 minutes to kill so went into Stevenage TK Maxx store at luncntime - Had quite a good size selction of Dare2Be, Tresspass, Westbeach, Suranic and Brunotti (quite nice and different). No accessories other than some cheap goggles.
snow conditions
A poor selection in the store in Hanley (S-o-T) today Sad
ski holidays
Bought an E+O jacket yesterday from the Newmarket store, still £180 but RRP is £390.
snow report
Heading back to the UK this weekend and looking forward to a TK MAXX visit.. probably a lot cheaper the the sales in Intersport in Bourg St Maurice today.. TK MAXX is also usually good for winter boots.. with treads on (rather than the highly dangerous flat soled boots you find in most shops). mmm, dreaming of UK shops...
snow report
THere are still bargains to be had at EB
http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi?prod_code_in=300900

Tempted by this one. Asymetric zips and a breath vent on the front.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy