Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on selling damaged skis - practically brand new though! (Scott Neos 2008-9 season)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

2008-9 Scott Neos 166

My husband got these brand new from Ellis Brigham a few seasons ago. He skied on them about three weeks when he noticed a tiny separation of one of the layers of one ski under the binding. Anyway to cut a long story short Ellis Brigham wrote them off and he got a lovely new pair of Scott Missions gratis.

The Neos have been standing in our spare room. I'll have to post a picture of the damage - it is obviously enough to have written them off but honestly it's so small you'd have to have it pointed out to you. I know there are types out there that would repair the damage and have many happy weeks skiing them - or skied as they are in a park perhaps where one isn't overly precious of the state of their skis!

Anyway - is it worth selling these on flea bay? Any thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probs worth putting up there to see what offers you get, be sure to point out they're de-lammed though (with pictures). Don't expect to get much though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Farry, stick them on e-bay in December with full disclosure and a starting price of £1. Someone will probably get loads of life out of them on dry slopes, indoors or as an urban ski. A good epoxy fix should make them skiable for a long(ish) time. Your hubby did pretty well, the Missions were much better than Neos...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My 08 Missions delaminated horribly last season, the shop I bought them from in resort got me a replacement pair of 10/11 models at Easter this year and put the old ones straight into his hire fleet despite one ski having virtually no clear top sheet left! They were still skiing fine, just looked awful.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks - I think he's enjoyed having them to look at but it's time to let them go. Will hang on a few more months as suggested and will fleabay them with full disclosure.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy