Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt Courses - Accommodation suggestions ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm toying with doing the November L3 Mountain Safety in Zermat.

Can anyone tell me the typical transfer and accommodation options for that time of year?

Cheers Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 4-10-10 20:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
david@mediacopy, Train from either Geneva or Zurich is easy enough, 3 hours and a bit I think. Their website has all the hotels listed, loads of apartments too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
david@mediacopy, Remember the Swiss Transfer ticket. Covers all transfer from point of entry to your destination.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
david@mediacopy, last season I did my L3 Teach in the same week as the Mountain Safety. People were spread all over the resort, most having made their own arrangements although I think BASI do recommend one hotel. I hired a car as the previous week I was in Tignes, but the train from Geneva to Zurich seemed straightforward even early season. Last season the evening lectires were in the Zermatterof hotel, which is in the centre of the village by the church. Might be worth emailing Diane to confirm it will be the same for this season, then you can choose accommodation knowing where the seminars take place. I rented a self-catering apartment just behind the main street - it was a good location just a short walk from the train station and close enough to the Zermatterhof that I could get back to my apartment after skiing to ditch my kit, collect my manuals and still get to the seminar in time. Downside was that it was a bit of a hike or a bus ride to the gondola each morning.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers all. I'll check it out. What's the drive up to the resort like ? I was half tempted to drive over but my car isn't the best for snow so it's probably a bad idea.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
david@mediacopy, You can only drive to Tasch. Would have to park there and get the train up as Zermatt is car free.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
erm, BASI appear to stopped listing any specific accommodation apart from the youth hostel. Anybody have any recommendations ?

rob@rar, lectures are still at the Zermatterof
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
david@mediacopy, Do a search on the Zermatt Tourist Information website www.zermatt.ch
I found Hotel Aristella on there a couple of years ago when looking for accommodation for a BASI course. Was going to recommend it to you, but just had a quick look on their website ( www.zermatt.ch/aristella ) and it seems they're closed for renovation until December.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
david@mediacopy, as SaraJ says, I generally find the local tourist office a good source of info for accommodation.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy