Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ROCKET SKI - CLUBHOTEL RIEGLER, SAALBACH

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI - ANYONE BEEN WITH ROCKET SKI TO CLUBHOTEL RIEGLER, SAALBACH, BY ANY CHANCE?

TAKING THE 2 KIDS THERE FOR XMAS, SO ANY FEEDBACK GREATLY APPRECIATED.

PS - APOLOGIES FOR THE CAPITALS - KEYBOARD STRANGELY JAMMED!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have not been to this particular hotel but Saalbach is fantastic.
Looking on google maps for your hotel it seems like it is almost mid point between Saalbach and Hinterglemm so far from convenient for either village. Saying that if you have kids you might not want to take part in the crazy apres. Ski busses are regular and never busy.

Looks like you might be able to ski back down 34a from the top of reiterkogel above hinterglemm.

How old are the kids and how experienced? because this will obviously affect where you head to ski on the early days.

Room in your suitcase?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ianbradders, thanks for the info - all sounds good! Kids are 5 and 7, so apres will not be high on the agenda.... They are booked into the local ski school for group lessons - have to come back and pick them up every lunchtime for a couple of hours, which usually rather disrupts any ambitious ski-ing plans!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Kids are 5 and 7, so apres will not be high on the agenda....

our (3) kids love the Austrian apres. Even had my (then) 4 year old pumping it up at The Mooserwirt a few years back
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stephen buck which ski school is that? At Furstauer we'd usually keep them all day (unless you wanted to pick 'em up).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stephen buck, as boabski, said your kids might really enjoy the apres. Only problem with it is that if it inside the bars they get very very smoky. It was unpleasant for me until the beer kicked in, although my smoking mates couldnt believe their luck. There is a place called Bauers at the bottom of the main runs coming back into Saalbach, this is a lot of little bars with a large undercover outside area (if that makes sense) with heaters and little hot dog bar. Great atmosphere and fine for kids.
The best place for apres is at the top of the last little run into Saalbach, about 400m up slope but this is heaving loud and smoky. Great for adults not so good for kids. If you can ditch the kids one afternoon do check it out.
Both these places are at roadside and there are always taxis waiting outside to run you back for a reasonable rate.

With regards to getting back for lunch, as Saalbach is the centre of the valley you can head up to Hinterglemm or to Vorderglemm and over a bit towards Leogang and get back in time without to much trouble, obviously this depends on your ability and speed you cover the ground.
The ski bus will also run you up or down the valley to save time on the lifts so you can cover more of the other parts away from Saalbach. Saying that even heading out and back into Saalbach you have three options for variety which will keep your interest.

If you PM me i will email you another snowheads guide to Saalbach which gives you so much info it is invaluable.

I have nothing but good things to say about Saalbach, my liver may disagree.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stephen,
I have stayed at the Hotel Riegler in Saalbach with Rocketski in 2009 and had a superb skiing holiday. The hotel is a 7 minute walk from Saalbach and although the hotel has boot and ski storage facilities, we preferred to pay 15 Euros to store ours at a ski shop below the Schattberg gondola which is in Saalbach. If you decide to use the hotel ski store, you can get the ski bus from the hotel to Saalbach (it's only one stop) rather than walk in ski boots. I used the Furstauer ski school (whose office is near the Schattberg gondola) and their lessons start from 10am and finish at about 3 to 3:30pm. The ski school instructors will take their group to a mountain restaurant at lunch time and if you are happy for your children to do this, then you only need to give them money for their lunch. If I had children of your age, I would be happy to leave them all day with the Furstaurer ski instructors and that will give you all the time to explore the many pistes around Saalbach. It is likely that the ski lessons will finish at the nursery slope at the top end of the Saalbach village and this is actually where most people end their day's skiing so you can meet your children there. I have only been skiing a few times, but I go with some friends who have been skiing for over 20 years and they love Saalbach and they reckon that the apres ski bar called the Hinterhag which is at the top of the nursery slope is the best they have come across. I recommend the Hinterhag as well and it should be fine for children as well. We ended up going back to Saalbach this year and it looks like we will be going back again in 2011. If there is anything else you need to know, then just ask.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

best place for apres is at the top of the last little run into Saalbach, about 400m up slope but this is heaving loud and smoky

As Dipak has said, this is the Hinterhagalm ("Jeden Tag, Hinterhag!"), which can be enjoyed with or without children. There is a very nice balcony with superb views over the village, which provides an ideal sanctuary if it gets too much for the children. The other "not to be missed" apres-ski venue is the Goassstall at Hinterglemm, which also kicks off at about 4pm and is mainly outdoors, so no problem with smoke,etc. They have goats behind glass screens in the restaurant, which is likely to delight the kids (on both sides of the screens!) A taxi back to Saalbach (and to Hinterglemm if necessary) will cost only a few euros. I reiterate, these places are suitable for party-lovers of all ages.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed at the Reigler with RocketSki a few years back and had a Great Time!

The hotel is sort of set back up the mountain behind others on the main road
No problem with this, but it does mean there is a steep driveway to walk up with your bags when you arrive - careful if its slippy!
It's less than 100mtrs though.

We kept are ski gear in the ski storage facilities under the the Schattberg gondola station.
This meant we could walk to and from the hotel in normal footwear. Deffo worth doing in my opinion even if you're not planning on using the Shattberg every day.

Hotel rooms were good, as were the staff.
Meals were also good and drinks prices in the hotel reasonable.

Plenty of skiing for all abilities, and would go there again (resort and / or hotel)

You'll have a great time and the kids will love it.

PS. We ended up getting engaged while over there and bought the ring from a jelwellers in Zell am See which is only a short bus ride away!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for starting this thread Stephen, it's reminded us of what a great time we had there

Just been talking to wifey and we've decided we're going back to Saalbach skiing for the 2011/12 season (already booked Solden for 2011)

If a last minute bargain for 2011 comes up, maybe we'll have an extra week's skiing and go to Saalbach as well as Solden .

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would advise against using Rocket Ski.

My girlfriend and I booked a holiday last month to go to Montgenevre in a few weeks and they rang yesterday to say that they screwed up our accommodation and can't offer us any other in resort.

They won't even offer us a good discount on changing resort!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tomcheney wrote:
I would advise against using Rocket Ski.

My girlfriend and I booked a holiday last month to go to Montgenevre in a few weeks and they rang yesterday to say that they screwed up our accommodation and can't offer us any other in resort.

They won't even offer us a good discount on changing resort!

So get you're refund and book somewhere else... won't be that hard unless you're trying to go at 1/2 term...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy