Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Baron binding LONG with 304mm boot?

Poster: A snowHead
I have just purchased a new pair of Volkl Gothma 186 - yay.

But

THe shop has a set of new marker Barons - long - discounted from last season stock. However my alpine ski boot is 304mm and the long binding is rated for 305mm up....

I will take boots to check we can get the forward pressure ok, and apart from reduced ski flex, is this a good idea??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your direct reply!!

Looks like I will shell out for the mid length binding then. (unless you meant 'nope' to the whole Baron idea?)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
lampbus, Baron's are ace, just a bit too much of a risk, we've tried playing with a few, just written this whole text with my face screwed up, get some mediums dude.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
am thinking about a pair of dukes, the barons just look a wee bit flimsy to me...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
small Dukes here http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=6156

for 229.00€ (inc VAT) 191.47€ (ex VAT)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, bummer, need the long ones, thats a nice price....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, get lampbus to get the large un's for you.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i dont fancy the barons, seen em in S&R on some demo skis and they just look like plastic rubbish and were all bashed up after just being demoed in hemel..
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, the Barons are exactly the same as the Dukes apart from the Dukes having metal toe wings & the higher din springs. If you usually kick snow off your boot sole on the top of the toe binding then be careful with either model as an errant kick is likely break the AFD as they ain't that strong.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon, hmmm good info but bad in that i didnt like the look of em. probably need to hire a pair of fatties with barons or dukes and check em out...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret wrote:
...probably need to hire a pair of fatties with barons or dukes and check em out...

You're as bad a kitenski, just MTFU & get yer plastic out wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyderjon, i am trying to unload the last pair of skis i bought on spec without trying em out first NehNeh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret wrote:
spyderjon, i am trying to unload the last pair of skis i bought on spec without trying em out first NehNeh

These primadonna pros with their demanding requirements wink
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
skimottaret wrote:
...probably need to hire a pair of fatties with barons or dukes and check em out...

You're as bad a kitenski, just MTFU & get yer plastic out wink

Laughing
snow report
skimottaret, http://www.ldmountaincentre.com/ had the long dukes as 'old stock' - not listed on their website but give them a call?

I will get the midrange ones.
snow report
lampbus, thanks but i am going to hire some to check this stuff out...
latest report
Baron works great, none been broken here and people are damn tough on their kit.
ski holidays
i think i got confused a bit and thought the baron was a lighter weight version of the duke and had gotten slagged off.... sounds from spyderjon, they are almost the same...
snow report
skimottaret, any differences are minimal in terms of strength and wear IMO. They ain't no Fritchi Freeride that's for sure.
snow report
cool thanks will keep an open mind on these...
snow conditions
Ok, bought the midlength Baron, just waiting for them to get mounted now. Im going for standard mid position as I aint goinna be landing stuff in the park...switch.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy