Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow reports for USA Ski Resorts 2010 / 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Several resorts in Chile and South Africa closed down this weekend.

Soelden, Austria, may open next weekend.

Loveland, Colorado, may start up its snowguns the weekend after that.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 24-10-10 18:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OMFG!!!!!! i wish i could leave now, i gotta wait till december before my job starts Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitegold, It actually re-opened this weekend but only the Tiefenbach Glacier side and only one lift for skiing yesterday as the weather was so iffy. Should have been better today though.

As far as I know there is only the one resort in SA and that it just about hanging on by the skin of its teeth - Tiffendel, up in the southern Drakensbergs.

http://www.skisouthafrica.co.za/index.php

It was looking very sad and sorry for itself when I was last there in 2008, but it was out of season for them (March) I was there for paragliding which was fun!

wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crack open the genepi! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jackson Hole, Wyoming, got 15cm on the top half of the mountain a few days ago.

Snow Valley, California, has been cold enough to make 5cm of daytime snow recently.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
MWIS forecasting snow on the Scottish mountain tops next week ... not the first (that was a couple of weekends ago) but hopefully a sign of things to come snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was in Verbier at the weekend, using the lifts for mountain biking, and I can confirm that it was roasting hot and no snow to be seen except on the peaks and the glaciers across the valley. As you'd probably expect for this time of year of course!

I can also confirm that the Mountain Biking was fantastic, as was the Rosti I had for lunch.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whitters, booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, Laughing I thought you'd be pleased for me!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 15-09-10 14:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
TallTone wrote:
Crack open the genepi! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Any excuse eh tone! Oh, hold on, you don't even need an excuse!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SQUEAK!!!! (and that's me not the snow). Time to break myself again Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
its turned noticeably colder in manchester oday with heavy rain showers and very windy, gusts of 30mph at least at times. The weather is changing i think, i hope so anyway.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Loveland, Colorado, is scheduled to start snowmaking on Mon 20th Sep.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A 3-minute video of Loveland turning its brown mountain white with snowguns this week. Scheduled to open mid-Oct, a little later than last year.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Killington, Vermont, northeast US, got 30cm up top and 10cm in the valley over the weekend.

Some white webcams here.
latest report
Whitegold wrote:
A 3-minute video of Loveland turning its brown mountain white with snowguns this week. Scheduled to open mid-Oct, a little later than last year.

We've been enjoying a beautiful "Indian" summer here- quite a change from last year which got off to an early start, but was very dry in Nov and didn't get good until Feb. This year looks to be following a different pattern. Wiith La Nina instead of El Nino should favor the northern resorts.
snow conditions
The US ski season is up and running.

Timberline, Oregon, has been opening its skifield since Oct 1st.

Sunday River, Maine, opened its trails on Fri 22 Oct.

Loveland, Colorado, opened on Sun 24 Oct.

A-Basin, Colorado, due to open on Mon 25 Oct.
ski holidays
Whitegold, have you changed the title of this thread since you made the OP or am I going barking? Puzzled
snow conditions
roga, I tweaked the title.
snow conditions
Boreal, California, and Wild Mountain, Minnesota, have made an Oct opening this weekend.
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
roga, I tweaked the title.

Thought so! Smile
latest report
Whitegold, thought it might be worth adding this link to this thread:

Colorado Powder Forecast
snow report
nozawaonsen wrote:
Whitegold, thought it might be worth adding this link to this thread:

Colorado Powder Forecast

Good link.
snow conditions
This coming week is suppose to be 10-15 degrees (F) warmer here in the Sierra,
so don't expect any news (good that is) from the WC, till that passes.
I have some alpine pictures but they are just of green mountains with some white on top.
Really quite boring and not worth the trouble of putting them on the Flickr.
Did get a flip video camera recently and look forward to riding with that.
edit: added pic of eastern slope near heavenly
snow report
Colorado Powder Forecast is a great link...I used it most of last season and Joel does a very good job with his predicitions!

Courtesy of http://blog.skilodgingrental.com/

Late October Storm dumps 2-3 feet, more on the way this week!
While warmer than average temperatures and lots of sunny days in September and early October hampered snow making, winter weather returned to Colorado the second half of October with a series of storms that deposited 2 to 3 feet of natural snow at most resorts.

I was out of town, but some of my friends enjoyed some nice pre-Halloween powder days at A-Basin and Loveland which opened on October 25th and 24th respectfully. I got my first turns of the season this week at A-Basin and encountered sunny skies and mostly hard pack conditions on 3 lower mountain runs. I didn't make it out yesterday, but they opened the Norway lift and had 2 upper mountain runs open. Friday was also opening day for Copper and Keystone. I will report on these resorts after skiing them this week.

Sunny weather is expected to prevail through the weekend with more snow expected Monday night through Tuesday and Wednesday night through Thursday. This should mean some nice conditions between storms and for Friday's opening day at Breckenridge.
snow conditions
A coupla of small resorts in North Carolina opened this weekend.
snow report
Mammoth, California, opened mid-November.

Ten resorts currently open in the USA.
snow report
12-17" of snow forecast for N. ID and MT tonight. Heavy snows for the Cascades. Skiing to start very soon. Lookout limited opening 19/11, decent coverage and even some powder.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 20-11-10 15:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Crystal Mtn, Washington opened on Friday with limited operations on about 1 meter snow base. More snow showers expected through the weekend in the Central and North Cascades. Mt. Baker opening on Saturday, also with approximately one meter base. Temps to drop over the weekend. Will be at Crystal either Saturday or Sunday, and will report back on conditions. La Nina has arrived in the PNW.
latest report
Skied Timberline in Oregon thi sweekend - cover/snow quality excellent on trail, bit woody off. Suspect it might be better now as there's been about 2 feet in last 24 hours. Even about 7 inches of snow down here in the Columbia Basin!

If anyone is bored, finally got around to putting last season's miscellenous video clips together ... Lake Tahoe, Austria, Oregon, Washington and BC - a few good shots Wink

http://youtube.com/v/G_BFPiDZzng
snow report
A friend of mine emailed to say Salt Lake City is being hit by the storm of the century - and thats the local weather peoples discription.
snow report
Let's get Utarded... Very Happy[/url]
latest report
Western Washington Ski areas all reporting 7"-16" of snow over the past 24 hours. Crystal received 7" on Nov 29th, and snowing heavily. Mt Baker and Alpental, Snoqualmie Pass each over 12" of snow the past 24 hours. Stevens Pass will open on Dec. 1st, with frontside lifts running.

I skied Crystal last Friday. Snow base is still thin. Some high winds blew away several inches of base during last weeks storm. Lots of rocks and small trees, and branches exposed. Another 2 feet would be ideal.
latest report
Jackson Hole Opening

http://youtube.com/v/Nm0ZnvA6Ogc
snow report
Crystal Mtn, December 1st

http://youtube.com/v/FPFo9mBmn1g
ski holidays
Top of Green Valley looking pretty darn good Toadman!

I'm going up to Baker again tomorrow morning before the dreaded Pineapple Express strikes tomorrow night. Foot and a half of new in the last 24 hours or so. Freezing levels go up Saturday night, especially in the southern Cascades with lots of rain and wind and flooding in the lowlands. Temps drop again Monday night and Tuesday bringing back the snowfall. 80 to 94 inch base at Baker at the moment.
latest report
Was at Crystal Saturday in a major storm. Some seriously deep snow pockets by 3pm and no folks after 11am! Great day. Hopefully the rain today doesn't do too much damage.
latest report
Mammoth, in California, received some 9 feet of snow in 3 days earlier this week.

One of their biggest snowfalls ever recorded.
ski holidays
Back from 5 days skiing in Whitefish. Fab snowfall for the tues 27th, reported as 4-8 inches. New skis did well. Weds 28th, another 4 inches and extremely windy with poor visibility, fairly brutal overall.

Really liked Whitefish. Shame the fab pow is often accompanied by fog, but it keeps the snow good. Lots of gladed skiing. Didn't do anything particularly hardcore (skiing with 6 and 8yr old) but did do some black glades in really deep snow.
snow report
In Winter Park for a few days.

Arrival last night coincided with the beginning of a snowfall that persisted through the night and all day today (the infallible Acacia snow magnetism works again!)

Nice ankle-deep powder in places, and excellent skiing conditions all across the mountain.

A bit unpleasant where there was wind exposure (like going up the Panoramic chair to the top of Parsenn Bowl), but the great snow made it worthwhile. Also, the wind eased a bit during the afternoon. More snow (but also lower temperatures) forecast. No crowds, and it'll be even quieter during the week.

Time to go to the hot tub!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy